Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P3D+ really lowered?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's a ridiculously unacceptable gap on the Model 3 standard. The Performance version is lower by about an inch, but agreed, still too high. That just goes to show how ridiculously high the standard version is. With the performance version, it's just high, rather than ridiculously high. Both versions should be about an inch lower than they are.

It’s odd how the performance version’s gap looks worse due to the more narrow tire sidewall. The 18 aeros actually looks like they have the smallest gap. I think the 19s looks ok but could have a smalller gap. In the end, most of the gap is influenced by body design and gov clearance standards.

Reactions: ℬête Noire
The Performance version is lower by about an inch...
No, it's only lowered about 0.4". That's what the gap is still so pronounced. Contrast to the 3rd party kits that allow you to lower is much as 2", which is arguably beyond street clearance in a lot of areas, and you'll see a huge difference. Yet still the most agressive BMW M3 probably has less gap than the dropped Model 3s, to the point that it's on the edge of negative gap.

Of course how much you want negative gap is debatable, as it becomes a hard limit on how wide of tires you can put on before you get wheel rub on the outside. In this way the stock Model 3's gap represents something in the way of flexibility in what you do with the Model 3.

Last edited:
Reactions: Arpe
Yeah, I don't have my 3, yet, but I always think my coworker's 3 looks kinda like they forgot to remove some shipping spacers in the suspension or something. It's weirdly high looking.

I'm thinking I'm going to have to lower it, but need to do more research. That will help differentiate it from the crowd of other 3s, too.