Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P3D- vs P3D+

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do the stealths have the red underline badge or are they truly stealth with just the dual motor badge.
Comes with red underline =)

nQdxfyOh.jpg

Do the stealths have the red underline badge or are they truly stealth with just the dual motor badge.

Mine is a true "Stealth" - it doesn't even have a Dual Motor badge. I've been meaning to pick up a Dual Motor badge (with red underline) from the service center when I stop by but neither of our Model 3's have needed to return to the service center for any reason. I probably won't install it but I would like the badge in my file.

So I can be more like those complainers who complain about anything and everything (price raises, price drops, etc.), maybe I should start a new complainer thread about how I can't find a convenient way to stop by the service center because nothing on the car ever breaks!

The only thing people are hearing is: new owners are hearing from their salespeople that their 3P Stealths are coming without Track Mode.

First off... Now this is just supposition on my part; I have zero data to back this up. But, IMO, the sales personnel that are saying the P3D- doesn't come with track mode are either: 1. made to think that because their knowledge of the car is limited, and they see the Track Mode option as greyed out, or 2. they have seen many P3D- cars come without the Performance software installed (which is then given to the buyer as an OTA update within a few days) which doesn't show Track Mode at all. FWIW, *my* SA said that it *did* come with Track Mode.

Second... Just want to add my car as another data point for the thread. My car:

July 2019 Build Date
980 Rear Motor
Has Track Mode
19" wheels with Continental All Seasons
Came with Dual Motor badge with the red underline
Came with the Performance features enabled (didn't have to wait for an OTA update)

Lastly... when I looked at the verbiage for track mode (which I don't recall verbatim right now), while reading it something clicked in my head, making me think that it was intentionally available for P3D- cars... I'll have to go read it again and point out the exact language.

• Informative
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
Lastly... when I looked at the verbiage for track mode (which I don't recall verbatim right now), while reading it something clicked in my head, making me think that it was intentionally available for P3D- cars... I'll have to go read it again and point out the exact languag

The P3D Stealth has an extra paragraph stating track mode is optimized for the PUP and the performance will be relatively lower without.

• Helpful
Reactions: Phlier
First off... Now this is just supposition on my part; I have zero data to back this up. But, IMO, the sales personnel that are saying the P3D- doesn't come with track mode are either: 1. made to think that because their knowledge of the car is limited, and they see the Track Mode option as greyed out, or 2. they have seen many P3D- cars come without the Performance software installed (which is then given to the buyer as an OTA update within a few days) which doesn't show Track Mode at all. FWIW, *my* SA said that it *did* come with Track Mode.

July 2019 Build Date
980 Rear Motor
Has Track Mode
Came with the Performance features enabled (didn't have to wait for an OTA update)

Lastly... when I looked at the verbiage for track mode (which I don't recall verbatim right now), while reading it something clicked in my head, making me think that it was intentionally available for P3D- cars... I'll have to go read it again and point out the exact language.

Properly delivered car. It is amazing when a service center does their job. :)

Properly delivered car. It is amazing when a service center does their job. :)
Yes, I was very pleasantly surprised. My SA, while very slow to respond, did make sure that the correct Performance version of the software was installed prior to delivery. He never said whether or not he had to actually get Tesla to install the software, or if it came properly configured from Fremont.

July 2019 Build Date
980 Rear Motor
Has Track Mode

Here it is.

The P3D Stealth has an extra paragraph stating track mode is optimized for the PUP and the performance will be relatively lower without.

Your P3D+ omits the paragraph about non-performance tires and brakes having lower performance and endurance than PUP equipped vehicles? Not that this isn't obvious to anyone who knows about tires/brakes but they have to cover all their bases. I would think they would retain this language even for cars delivered with performance tires and brakes because these are wear items that may be replaced by the owner over time.

Your P3D+ omits the paragraph about non-performance tires and brakes having lower performance and endurance than PUP equipped vehicles? Not that this isn't obvious to anyone who knows about tires/brakes but they have to cover all their bases. I would think they would retain this language even for cars delivered with performance tires and brakes because these are wear items that may be replaced by the owner over time.

Yes. You have one more paragraph than I do.

For AWD owners wanting a P3D-

Note immediately above that post is the message from a P3D Stealth (actually an AWD that is incorrectly programmed as a Performance IIRC).

• Informative
Reactions: StealthP3D