Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P3D with Performance Upgrade and Black Interior status

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They opened up the app for everyone a few days ago, so you can watch all of the video guides ahead of time and give out referrals. It's no indication of build progress.

Just to confirm, even though you are technically a non-owner (since you haven't taken delivery yet), you still have / can utilize a referral code? That's awesome, and you actually answered a question I've been wondering myself for a few days now. Thanks!

-Shane

GEEZ ALREADY :)
I updated sheet to show i got VIN 8/8/18. I am currently only P3D aero white interior on the sheet w/ VIN assigned, granted someone might not have updated. Someone got delivery in a week from VIN assignment WOW, doubt that happens

No sweat -- just explaining why it didn't show up. It actually still didn't show up until I adjusted my query to allow people who had a VINdate but no VIN; yours now appears, and so does @ccutrer. Still no joy for the P+ with black crowd.

pubchart

@RKDauto,

“Plenty of Signs”??? Such as? Can you list them. I’m seeing absolutely nothing unfortunately.

Ski

I can jump in on this... There are 4-5 indicators in my mind that the production configuration has changed. making it probable that the 20" with black interior could be close on the horizon. Remember that Tesla is going to do everything they can to push out the high margin cars as quickly as they can.
  • Exhibit A: 18" P- cars with white interior are starting to receive VINs (potentially indicates seat configs have been modified on the lines)
  • Exhibit B: Tesla confirming to Fred Lambert that Obsidian black is entering production, making his car next week. (again showing that they are changing up the production line. Also Fred has a 20" w/ black interior)
  • Exhibit C: Tesla registering close to 10,000 AWD VINs in the last few days.
  • Exhibit D: Tesla promised timelines of 12-16 weeks for first buyers and 1-2 months for others... we are coming up on that time limit, I'm sure they don't want to anger their highest $ customers
  • Exhibit E: Almost all the White Seat P+ cars have been assigned VINs... there is nowhere else to go but 20" w/ black seats for maximum profit.
Now sure none of these are direct evidence... but I think they are relevant.

I would guess we will see some 20" black seat cars get VINs by the end of the week.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: Boomer19
@RKDauto,

“Plenty of Signs”??? Such as? Can you list them. I’m seeing absolutely nothing unfortunately.

Ski

I was mainly talking about Fred Lambert's build referenced earlier in this thread, plus a couple of other people who have mentioned they have an alert for P+ black seats. Also, the white seated P- builds are now being favored instead of the black seated P- builds. So, that to me points that there is change happening in the batches that Tesla is building. I am hoping the VINs pulled this week contain a lot of P+ black seats. I don't expect to receive an alert until the week of August 18th at the earliest. But, I hope others start receiving the alerts.

For reference purposes, here is the post from earlier in the thread.

Look what I found:

A P3D+ with black interior going into production next week, for Canada!

3a3cd8e2-9e5e-4d60-b066-79b2ae23e32b-png.324141

• Helpful
Reactions: Boomer19
Just got my confirmation for the Performance package update to my P3D. It did push me from Sept-Nov to Oct-Dec. :(

If Dec, that means no summer tires fun in the midwest. Boo.

Hopefully if they start making them, as a reservation holder, might be sooner but who knows.

Just got my confirmation for the Performance package update to my P3D. It did push me from Sept-Nov to Oct-Dec. :(

If Dec, that means no summer tires fun in the midwest. Boo.

Hopefully if they start making them, as a reservation holder, might be sooner but who knows.

Are you a first day reservation holder? Just curious how your delivery estimate compares to others. Let me know. Thanks.

-Shane

No sweat -- just explaining why it didn't show up. It actually still didn't show up until I adjusted my query to allow people who had a VINdate but no VIN; yours now appears, and so does @ccutrer. Still no joy for the P+ with black crowd.

pubchart
... and I'm now off the sheet. My delivery advisor successfully delayed delivery for me (at my request) until October (after we move): "I’ll unmatch your current Performance Model 3."

• Love
Reactions: preilly44