Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P3D with Performance Upgrade and Black Interior status

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took delivery on Friday & have driven over 500 miles. The car is a blast, despite 3 canceled deliveries, my incoming windshield replacement (due to overspray), a misaligned door, and the car not having autopilot despite paying for it (remote software software update should land tomorrow). Would do it all over again in a heartbeat.

I don’t get how there’s “overspray” on the windshield as they paint the bare car bodies before placing the glass???? Sounds like you received a rejected/damaged car that was repainted.

Hi, all. I am finally joining you guys! :D

After long long consideration and switching in design studio, I bought P3D+

Performance Model 3
Red Multi-coat
Performance Package (mainly aesthetic beauty of red brake calipers with silver wheel)
Black Premium Interior
Free Unlimited Supercharging

Debated EAP or PUP but ended up choosing PUP as I have a choice to upgrade in the future. Didn't want to have buyer's remorse.
Also what catalyzed my purchase were both 7.5K tax credit and Free unlimited supercharging (FUSC). I believe this is the last train to FUSC as all new Model S/X are also losing the privilege, except for the 1st year.

I will give you guys update.

Owner of Model S & Model X
Invited to Configure 12/21/2017
Ordered 9/3/2018
More to come...

Last edited:
Reactions: Pollux and Jedi2155
Welp, it's now Sep 4th and my edit link still works and I have no VIN. The Model 3 Tracker shows average VIN to delivery time for TX to be 26 days. So there is a good chance that I won't hit the "delivery by late September" timeline :(

Is there still a holdup in Texas? Do you think they’re not sending as many cars there until that’s all caught up and fixed?

Reactions: rluciano
It's more that the archaic dealership laws in TX makes it difficult for Tesla to sell cars there. There's also apparently a lot of logistics problem. Lots of cars are stuck in rail hubs for extended periods of time with no movement.

If you're in TX you have to buy first then they ship to you right? If I were Tesla and wanted to max Q3 profits, I'd let waiting TX orders pay the last week of Sept (end of Q3), then worry about shipping them cars in Oct. Do you think that may be happening? You still are a later reservation than many from 3/31 and 4/1 waiting on ISA contact and/or VIN.... so I wouldn't read too much into it.

If you're in TX you have to buy first then they ship to you right? If I were Tesla and wanted to max Q3 profits, I'd let waiting TX orders pay the last week of Sept (end of Q3), then worry about shipping them cars in Oct. Do you think that may be happening? You still are a later reservation than many from 3/31 and 4/1 waiting on ISA contact and/or VIN.... so I wouldn't read too much into it.

I get where he’s coming from. He might be low on the res list but then you have people like me who didn’t have a reservation, placed the order 8/1....and already has the edit button gone, ability to submit my loan app and have a VIN.

BTW I did that VIN tracker thing...and it looks like my car was dropped off at the rail yard in Cali on the 25th...not sure what to make of that since I still haven’t heard from a delivery advisor. Maybe also stuck at a railway hub

• Informative
Reactions: CrazyCoconut
I'm not sure about anything anymore. There appears to be no discernable pattern in who gets a car first. Reservation appears to mean very little these days.

I’m not thinking that they are actually that organized right now. I’m a P-, white interior order. But Model S owner since 2013, 3/31 reservation, 6/26 order, in TX and still no contact.

Welp, it's now Sep 4th and my edit link still works and I have no VIN. The Model 3 Tracker shows average VIN to delivery time for TX to be 26 days. So there is a good chance that I won't hit the "delivery by late September" timeline :(

I feel you man.. I'm on day 70 since configuring without a single word from Tesla. Owner / 2016 Reservation holder. It's my birthday today.... hoping they give me an extra nice present letting me schedule delivery today... but doubtful.