Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P3D with Performance Upgrade and Black Interior status

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I just have this:
Code:
We are drafting up your contract and will contact you when you can make your final payment.
How long does it take for the MVPA to change so I know the exact amount I'll need to bring?
Mine took about a day. We just lowered the amount we're going to finance and need an updated one, but our ISA is OOO until tomorrow, so now I'm sure it'll be last minute before the delivery this Thursday.

Got the email from my IDA!

Hi, Dan!

Congratulations on your new Tesla Model 3 and thank you for accelerating the world's transition to sustainable energy!

We are ready to prepare your paperwork for your upcoming Model 3 delivery.

Keep in mind, per state regulations, Texas purchases will need to have the vehicle fully funded and contract signed before shipping your Model 3 to Texas. Your estimated delivery date will be 14-21 days after the Model 3 is fully funded.

Here's the thing... My name is not Dan :p Luckily further along the email where she asked me to confirm my info, it had the correct name.

Well, I finally took delivery of my P3D+ on Saturday and the 9 miles I got to drive it we’re an absolute blast. The car is everything I thought it would be, and plenty more. Not wanting to risk getting chips, etc I took the car directly to the tint/PPF installer. It’s going to be a long week. :(

My delivery experience, after the chaos of sorting out pick up and payment, was overall pretty good. SLC center wasn’t as grand as I thought it would be and the two door garage where my car was stored was, interesting. Not sure why they parked the car in there other than to maybe demo the wall connector; at first I thought it was to give me a different light source (compared to outside) to view the car, but the lady assisting me was trying pretty quick to get me out. Once out front, I had all the time in the world to compile questions to ask and go over the delivery checklist I printed and brought. The vehicle itself was in amazing shape from what I could tell. I didn’t notice any fitment issues, paint looked great, etc. After all the horror stories I’ve read and heard I was expecting a mess, and yet it looked as well assembled as any other car I’ve ever seen on a dealers lot. The only cosmetic concern I had was a tiny area that looked like some adhesive from shipping was still present; the PPF installer said it didn’t look like a paint issue (echoed the Tesla rep in saying it looked like adhesive) and that it should come off no problem. The installer, after walking around the vehicle, also noticed the lining behind the back tire, in the wheel well, on the drivers side was loose and that there was a tiny fleck of dust or something in the paint below the passenger handle; for once being colorblind has paid off because I couldn’t see it, and therefore can’t agonize over it. :D The installer said he would let me know if he found anything else concerning that would warrant talking to Tesla, but nothing super obvious is a win in my book.

I didn’t get any good photos without family in them, so I’ll be sure to add some next week once the car is done and back in my care.

I just got my email from my IDA too. Maybe we can meet at Pond Springs for delivery.

Any ideas how long until we can pay now? I am ready to start waiting for transportation to Texas.
That might actually be the case! :) I think once we confirm all of the details with the IDA, he/she will generate the MVPA. Then we pay. I would imagine if they are on the ball, that part probably takes 2-3 days. After that, it's another 2-3 weeks for shipping from CA to TX.

My edit button went away Friday and I got the email to schedule an appointment today. Delivery Saturday!
I envy you non-Texas guys! We have to pay for our Teslas in full before they'll even ship it out. Then it's another 2-3 weeks before we can even see it. It requires a great deal of trust to plop down $80k+ sight unseen :eek:

I envy you non-Texas guys! We have to pay for our Teslas in full before they'll even ship it out. Then it's another 2-3 weeks before we can even see it. It requires a great deal of trust to plop down $80k+ sight unseen :eek:
That does suck...feel for you man. I waited until last minute on Friday night before I did the ACH payment online for my “original” pickup date of Sat. Had to wait another whole evening till 8am Sunday before I got her!

Reactions: CrazyCoconut
Tesla seems to be making enormous progress. The model 3 order tracking spreadsheet shows an estimate of all Performance 3 owners 100% complete by 9/24 when just a week ago it was saying sometime mid october :-O
I have a tentative delivery date! Sep 28th :D Admittedly, that's rather aggressive. But let's hope for the best! My IDA did say this:

we have a lot of Tesla Model 3s transporting to Texas, so I am going to place you on our schedule as a placeholder and we will be able to adjust the delivery date as your car makes its way to Austin.

Waiting to get confirmation from my IDA for Tesla direct delivery on the 24th. Sometimes he’s quick to respond sometimes it takes a couple days. Frustrating because I’m try to coordinate delivery with my detailer to have ppf and tints done.