Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P3D with Performance Upgrade and Black Interior status

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was told if I couldn’t pick up my car this weekend, I would maybe have to wait until next year. Pretty lame that they pulled that tactic. They gave me 3 day window. One day, Sunday, was fully booked. Saturday had only 3 time slots. And didn’t even ask about Friday because I couldn’t take off work. I know they are trying to have a really good quarter but this definitely did not sit well with me.

My VIN is 63,037, and my build month/year is 8/18, so the car (P3D+ blue/black) was at most ~30d old (delivered sept 12th). Note that if you are getting a P3D the EARLIEST anybody EVER got the car was july 19th, 2018 (according to spreadsheet), so you don't have to worry about getting some earlier production model from april or from 2017.

After all the re-scheduling, we did take delivery on Monday night, and have been enjoying the hell out of it since. So much so, that I forgot to come back here and provide an update :)

2 very minor issues, one with steering wheel alignment, and one with the turn-signal stalk. Other than that, it seems to be flawless. The rubber behind the cell-phone charger in the console looked scuffed up during the delivery (more than I would think the delivery guy could do in a 20 minute drive) and one of the tweeters still has a slight rattle that's been getting better as I play music around 50% volume. These are so minor I havent even brought them up to service. I've scheduled a service for the spoiler and steering wheel alignment, and the turn stalk fix, which the delivery guy and service centered agreed and confirmed will be added to the Due Bill that the spoiler is already on.

Reactions: CrazyCoconut
After all the re-scheduling, we did take delivery on Monday night, and have been enjoying the hell out of it since. So much so, that I forgot to come back here and provide an update :)

2 very minor issues, one with steering wheel alignment, and one with the turn-signal stalk. Other than that, it seems to be flawless. The rubber behind the cell-phone charger in the console looked scuffed up during the delivery (more than I would think the delivery guy could do in a 20 minute drive) and one of the tweeters still has a slight rattle that's been getting better as I play music around 50% volume. These are so minor I havent even brought them up to service. I've scheduled a service for the spoiler and steering wheel alignment, and the turn stalk fix, which the delivery guy and service centered agreed and confirmed will be added to the Due Bill that the spoiler is already on.
Waited a second... That's new! So they have an ETA for the spoiler?

Finally have gotten my vehicle back from being fully wrapped in PPF and having crystal syrum ceramic coating applied. Been an absolute blast to drive and have only had very minor issues/concerns thus far.

I have a ranger scheduled to come fix the back wheel well liner, look at my charge port door being erratic around chargers (though it has been okay the past couple days so maybe the reboot helped), and looking into whether my front speaker is loose somewhere or if the .01% of the time I hear crackling/noise is from horrible cell signal/firmware bug, etc. I also noticed today, and am going to ask the ranger to note, that one of my performance calipers’ paint is starting to peel (only 615 miles). Oddly enough, this is probably the most annoying of all defects I’ve found so far. :confused:

As I’ve read many other times on this forum, it’s annoying that there are so many delivery faults (whether it be communication, scheduling and quality of delivered vehicle), but please don’t get discouraged! Tesla, after getting ahold of someone, seems to be incredibly accommodating and (from my experience) wants to make sure their customers are ultimately happy. Yes, the current pre-delivery and delivery experience/vehicle condition is unacceptable and is certainly an area Tesla needs to drastically improve upon, but the post delivery customer service and driving experience is by far the best I’ve ever experienced.

Attachments

• F1A7F0D4-F022-4567-8A43-9854DD0047C7.jpeg
    F1A7F0D4-F022-4567-8A43-9854DD0047C7.jpeg
    493.2 KB · Views: 69
  • Love
Reactions: hd-2
Waited a second... That's new! So they have an ETA for the spoiler?
They stated 3-5 weeks for the spoiler, and I'll be out for business in about a month, so they have me slated for service that week. I told him if the spoiler manages to come in before that, they can do both at the same time, otherwise I'll just come back for the spoiler whenever it's available.

• Informative
Reactions: CrazyCoconut
I'm 30 hours into ownership of a midnight silver P3D+. Like a previous poster said, just hang in there. It's so freaking worth it. And all the funny stuff with inspection, VINs, etc... I think Tesla's closing the QA gap in some respects. I had a 73xxx VIN with a build date of 09/18 and it was largely issue-free. I say largely because the passenger side taillight has moisture inside from driving home in the rain. FWIW, my foglights both had moisture in there as well and that cleared up, but all lights have a small hole drilled in there for what I suppose is venting purposes and it appears to be (although generally speaking, a bit strange but) by design.