Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P85D Possessed? Car listening to Slacker by itself... (probably a bug)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I rarely pause Slacker and usually just walk away from the car. I have noticed that sometimes a completely different song is playing when I get back into the car, compared with what was on when I left. Mostly happens over night, so I thought it may be related to my habit of preheating the car in the morning and that this would somehow start up Slacker.

Posted in the firmware thread. Bug not fixed in .115.

Well, I can confirm that .115 does NOT fix the Slacker-while-asleep bug.

In this middle of the night the P85 with .115 started pulling Slacker songs again. The P85D already was, and combined the two used ~600MB of bandwidth overnight. (WiFi)

WiFi off.. will do.

I guess I could block the Tesla's IP on the home wifi router... but in car is easier.

If everyone does this, Tesla will push the patch for leaky Slacker out quicker, I bet.

Keep in mind just switching WiFi off in the car will only do so until the next start. You'll have to forget your access point to stop it from connecting.

Right just realized wifi shutoff is a repeat everytime procedure, when parking.

I will do as suggested and nix the wifi definition in the car.

Cant understand why I'd ever need to use my wifi in my garage, when 3G works fine in there too. So why wifi ever, really? Off with its head!!

I have a song paused when I leave the car and if I precondition the car when I get in it is playing songs. This seems to coincide with the last update.

(On a side note. Today Wednesday 4th. I can't connect to my car to precondition it. It is 4:30 now (EST) It says waking car but never connects. Probably a fluke.)

Those flukes get into everything !!!

imagesBF3WUJ3Y.jpg