Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P85D w/ Ludicrous

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Traffic around Chicago is always fun!

This week will be slightly better than usual as people often ditch work the last few days to add on to the holiday weekend. Unless of course you wait until EVERYONE tries to leave town on Friday, that would be bad! Chicago isn't Boston, we do have times during the day it isn't horrible to drive, 10 AM to 2PM is usually good, and you should be able to get clear of the area if you leave by noon. According to Tesla there is a new Super Charger in Merrillville IN that should allow you to stop once you get clear of the city traffic.

Good luck and may the local law enforcement be kind.

You're leaving from lincolnshire . To avoid bad traffic, I recommend you leave no later than 2 pm and even that's risky. Best way to do it is to leave before 6 am. Sounds radical but you're saving yourself at least an hour of traffic time, maybe more. And take the tollway to pass west of downtown - never take Kennedy/Ryan through downtown .

Good luck

You're leaving from lincolnshire . To avoid bad traffic, I recommend you leave no later than 2 pm and even that's risky. Best way to do it is to leave before 6 am. Sounds radical but you're saving yourself at least an hour of traffic time, maybe more. And take the tollway to pass west of downtown - never take Kennedy/Ryan through downtown .

Good luck

Yeah. Luckily the GPS steered him this way to avoid downtown.

Reactions: davidc18
Good thing you bought it David. Now I can use the money of not buying this car to do the full upgrades on the 2020 Roadster. :)

Hehehe....actually, the real reason that I did not buy this car is because I REALLY want to feel the speed difference coming from the Lexus LS 460 to the Roadster. That will be a blast. Coming from a Ludicrous Speed of the P85D to a Plaid Speed will not be as noticeable of a difference.

Hit a pothole in Macon ga one block from the supercharger on Thursday afternoon. Luckily the tire did not deflate . Tesla roadside said they had no good options to help .Found a room at the Burke Mansion B&B. They have a destination charger. Now I have to find a tire for the front rim ( which does not seemed damaged) . Ideas are welcome. I am going to try Larry Bushes Riverside tire shop when they open .
IMG_20180524_192313.jpg