TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

P85D w/ Ludicrous

Discussion in 'Tesla for Sale' started by Fezzik, May 18, 2018.

1. Markk993

Markk993 Member

hate you!! LOL but i echo what Hank said... thanks for saving me 78K and a ton of alimony

• Love x 1
  2. Target

Target Supporting Member

Traffic around Chicago is always fun!

This week will be slightly better than usual as people often ditch work the last few days to add on to the holiday weekend. Unless of course you wait until EVERYONE tries to leave town on Friday, that would be bad! Chicago isn't Boston, we do have times during the day it isn't horrible to drive, 10 AM to 2PM is usually good, and you should be able to get clear of the area if you leave by noon. According to Tesla there is a new Super Charger in Merrillville IN that should allow you to stop once you get clear of the city traffic.

Good luck and may the local law enforcement be kind.

3. deaddog

deaddog Member

You're leaving from lincolnshire . To avoid bad traffic, I recommend you leave no later than 2 pm and even that's risky. Best way to do it is to leave before 6 am. Sounds radical but you're saving yourself at least an hour of traffic time, maybe more. And take the tollway to pass west of downtown - never take Kennedy/Ryan through downtown .

Good luck

4. Rdr4evr69

Rdr4evr69 Member

Bet you hit a supercharger in Bettendorf at a hyvee, grocery store. I live here, and it’s the only one we have

• Helpful x 1
  5. Fezzik

Fezzik P100D, M3LR

Yeah. Luckily the GPS steered him this way to avoid downtown.

• Like x 1
  6. SanDiegoGuy

SanDiegoGuy Member

Good thing you bought it David. Now I can use the money of not buying this car to do the full upgrades on the 2020 Roadster. :)

Hehehe....actually, the real reason that I did not buy this car is because I REALLY want to feel the speed difference coming from the Lexus LS 460 to the Roadster. That will be a blast. Coming from a Ludicrous Speed of the P85D to a Plaid Speed will not be as noticeable of a difference.

7. davidc18

davidc18 Active Member

Hit a pothole in Macon ga one block from the supercharger on Thursday afternoon. Luckily the tire did not deflate . Tesla roadside said they had no good options to help .Found a room at the Burke Mansion B&B. They have a destination charger. Now I have to find a tire for the front rim ( which does not seemed damaged) . Ideas are welcome. I am going to try Larry Bushes Riverside tire shop when they open .
    IMG_20180524_192313.jpg

8. Olds442

Olds442 Member

2 things about Chicago a Floridian should know.

1 - White pants, only after May 1
    2 - 21" rims, after the 4th of July.

It takes that long to fill all the pot holes.

• Like x 1
  9. Don TLR

Don TLR Active Member

Did you check Discount Tire, they show stock on hand or a similar tire chain in the midwest. Most show inventory and hopefully you get it sorted out.

• Helpful x 1
  10. Olds442

Olds442 Member

good call @Don TLR , discount typically has our usual tire choices in stock.

very sorry to see this happened. we've seen some deep trenches opening up in the NW suburbs, i couldn't see the bottom of a couple on Dundee Road. Keep the sport steering on.

11. davidc18

davidc18 Active Member

Larry Bush found the tires in atAtlan and will have them around lunchtime . Keeping my fingers crossed. Thanks for the suggestions .

Dave

• Like x 2
  12. davidc18

davidc18 Active Member

Tires arrived early. acoustic foam visible.

Attached Files:

• Like x 2
  13. davidc18

davidc18 Active Member

This is where it is getting done. Super nice shop.

Attached Files:

• Like x 1
  14. davidc18

davidc18 Active Member

Finally home at 0110 EST (Saturday).

• Like x 1
  15. Fezzik

Fezzik P100D, M3LR

Well. I can say that this car is SOLD and with someone who truely appreciates the car and the upgrades that are on it :)

• Like x 2