Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P90DL.. SF Area

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Craigslist + Teslas = yikes!

I found a deal out of LA on Craigslist a couple years ago, my wife’s P85. Almost thought it was too good to be true. Flew out, drove her home.

Fun trip and great previous owner, glad it didn’t turn out bad. I definitely had my doubts going in.

Anyone email or call the poster? Email is probably a scam... but I’ve been surprised with that too... once (out of many).

I found a deal out of LA on Craigslist a couple years ago, my wife’s P85. Almost thought it was too good to be true. Flew out, drove her home.

Fun trip and great previous owner, glad it didn’t turn out bad. I definitely had my doubts going in.

Anyone email or call the poster? Email is probably a scam... but I’ve been surprised with that too... once (out of many).
There are legitimate deals on CL for sure and some are even really good. I have one of our Model S's for sale right now and I know that there are a LOT of scams around our area from knowing my competition.

I also know there are even more scams nationally as I've been shopping used Teslas off and on for nearly a year now. This has to be one of the most popular car brands for scammers right now as it's the hot search term. I see lots of P85D, P90D & P100D cars listed that claim to have Ludicrous when they don't or, even more telling, have the little Ludicrous bar on the trunk and no mention of such an expensive and sought after option in the listing. When pressed for more details of the vehicle they've allegedly driven that anyone would know they refer you to the listing as "all of the details are there" yeah... right.

It also sucks when you know there's a scammer in your area that you're "competing" with when they have a nicer car for less money. There's a red 90D for instance in our area that is really nice and is like $5k more than my asking price for a 60 kWh RWD car. In Northern Colorado that AWD v RWD is a larger factor when car shopping. So I regularly get people that try to low-ball me based on this cherry 90D for sale nearby because they don't realize it's not even a real listing they can actually buy. Sucks for those of us who are legitimately trying to sell cars at market/book value.

Reactions: byeLT4
There are legitimate deals on CL for sure and some are even really good. I have one of our Model S's for sale right now and I know that there are a LOT of scams around our area from knowing my competition.

I also know there are even more scams nationally as I've been shopping used Teslas off and on for nearly a year now. This has to be one of the most popular car brands for scammers right now as it's the hot search term. I see lots of P85D, P90D & P100D cars listed that claim to have Ludicrous when they don't or, even more telling, have the little Ludicrous bar on the trunk and no mention of such an expensive and sought after option in the listing. When pressed for more details of the vehicle they've allegedly driven that anyone would know they refer you to the listing as "all of the details are there" yeah... right.

It also sucks when you know there's a scammer in your area that you're "competing" with when they have a nicer car for less money. There's a red 90D for instance in our area that is really nice and is like $5k more than my asking price for a 60 kWh RWD car. In Northern Colorado that AWD v RWD is a larger factor when car shopping. So I regularly get people that try to low-ball me based on this cherry 90D for sale nearby because they don't realize it's not even a real listing they can actually buy. Sucks for those of us who are legitimately trying to sell cars at market/book value.

Agreed!

And, that last paragraph for sure. Seems like that’s a standard these days to try and drive down legit sales.