Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pack Performance and Launch Mode Limits

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It is my view and others that you are using "transparency" where promotion, marketing or customer service would be more accurate, at least in the context of this thread, When a company or CEO highlights the features and benefits of their product, most would not call that transparency.

This thread has more to do with the lack of transparency. This thread and the inherent negative energy, suggestions of lemon law, class-action etc., could have been avoided altogether if Tesla was transparent from the get go and dealt directly with those affected. Perhaps a letter something to the effect of:

Dear valued P90DL owner, it is come to our attention that....So we had to... And here's what we plan to do about it...
I have been asking over and over. Show me someone in the automotive industry that is MORE transparent as a CEO.

Elon might not be your perfect definition of transparent....but show me someone who is. I'm still waiting.

I have been asking over and over. Show me someone in the automotive industry that is MORE transparent as a CEO.

Elon might not be your perfect definition of transparent....but show me someone who is. I'm still waiting.
First you said "What I'm saying is that
Elon is one of the most transparent CEO's of any company that I have ever seen. For the 100th time....Name a better one that is more transparent."

Now you want an automotive CEO. Okay I'll agree that Elon is the most transparent automotive CEO of an electric car company based in California. Happy?

First you said "What I'm saying is that Elon is one of the most transparent CEO's of any company that I have ever seen. For the 100th time....Name a better one that is more transparent."
Exactlly.

I'll say it yet again. Elon is one of the most transparent CEO"s of any company. Name an automotive CEO that is more transparent than him. This should be an easy exercise for those who believe he isn't transparent at all.

Elon Musk teases new ‘Tesla Supercharger V3’ with over 350 kW power output and off-grid solar + Powerpacks

Name a CEO that shows the behind the scenes company objectives and new technologies as soon as they come to his mind.

I didn't see the same forum alarms reported earlier this year when Tesla quietly increased the total power output of its performance vehicles. It added over 50 hp of power to the Model S P90D–Tesla’s top performance model at the time–with Ludicrous mode, and increased the battery pack capacity to 1,600 amps.

I didn't see folks up at arms that their free upgrade as that upgrade doesn't match what was promised.

How about a little appreciation for Tesla with the same kind of verve that this thread is exhibiting.

Oh that's right...we don't do things like that. .

OK, we don't need to argue more about this .

Let's start a petition to have all of the counters reset and a clear explanation as to what triggers the counters. We also need to know the number of launches we get. Then, the owners can decide when to use up their launches.

Let's then each email our service managers and ask for a response. If we can't get it through email and Twitter, then we move to a class action suit.

I didn't see the same forum alarms reported earlier this year when Tesla quietly increased the total power output of its performance vehicles. It added over 50 hp of power to the Model S P90D–Tesla’s top performance model at the time–with Ludicrous mode, and increased the battery pack capacity to 1,600 amps.

I didn't see folks up at arms that their free upgrade as that upgrade doesn't match what was promised.

How about a little appreciation for Tesla with the same kind of verve that this thread is exhibiting.

The fact that even 1600 amps didn't met their 10.9 seconds 1/4 mile claim..

I wasn't around much when that happened, so won't comment on it.

I can say that when the original P85D 0-60 time (with one foot rollout, as we now know) was improved from 3.2 seconds to 3.1 seconds, via software update, people here were very pleased, and many of us said so.

i think one major point that your most recent post fails to address is that there is a huge difference between a company delivering more than their customers have paid for and a company delivering less than what their customers paid for, or taking away functionality that the customers have already enjoyed. The former is nice, and generally appreciated at least somewhat. The latter infuriates people, and depending on the severity, could be considered fraudulent.

That particular thread is over 100 pages long and locked because of how many angry people kept commenting. in fact, there is an oddly similar battle line being drawn here.

Reactions: davidc18
I wasn't around much when that happened, so won't comment on it.

I can say that when the original P85D 0-60 time (with one foot rollout, as we now know) was improved from 3.2 seconds to 3.1 seconds, via software update, people here were very pleased, and many of us said so.

i think one major point that your most recent post fails to address is that there is a huge difference between a company delivering more than their customers have paid for and a company delivering less than what their customers paid for, or taking away functionality that the customers have already enjoyed. The former is nice, and generally appreciated at least somewhat. The latter infuriates people, and depending on the severity, could be considered fraudulent.
ok whether I mention something or not is immaterial.

What are you guys going to do? Sit around here and just complain or are you going to do something? Are you going to tweet to Elon In mass or waste your time around here?

• Disagree
Reactions: Lump

You continue to confuse transparency with promotion. It's easy to talk all day about features and benefits of a great product. Not as easy when, on occasion, the hype does not meet expectations or advertised metrics.

Assume that Elon is the most "transparent" CEO of all industries. Let's try to focus on this one issue. How should a highly transparent CEO handle this particular situation? I will give you a hint, at least in my mind, on this issue he has been leading from behind.

You continue to confuse transparency with promotion. It's easy to talk all day about features and benefits of a great product. Not as easy when, on occasion, the hype does not meet expectations or advertised metrics.

Assume that Elon is the most "transparent" CEO of all industries. Let's try to focus on this one issue. How should a highly transparent CEO handle this particular situation? I will give you a hint, at least in my mind, on this issue he has been leading from behind.
What are you going to do about this problem?

Please name a better CEO.

That particular thread is over 100 pages long and locked because of how many angry people kept commenting. in fact, there is an oddly similar battle line being drawn here.
Sure is and the best way I found to stop engaging it that thread was to "not see" posts from people that agitated. I hope this stops because it's more about finding out what happened than stirring up unnessary trouble at this point.

Alan Mulally - Ford. As someone else already said, you're confusing promotion and hype building with transparency.
You have a different definition of transparency than I do. The more you are informed about a company, the more transparent they become.

This very article and the response from ELON isn't promoting or building hype is it? When Elon says (via twitter)...."hey" everyone bring your cars in to a SC near you to have "xyz" fixed. How is that hype? How is that promotion?
You guys are taking transparency and re-defining it as hype and promotion to make your disdain for Tesla work for you.

You guys can't be reading his tweets.
Elon Musk on Twitter
Elon Musk on Twitter

Last edited: