Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pack Performance and Launch Mode Limits

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I guess you are suggesting suing Tesla.

If I get hit by this, I won't need a suggestion.

Some of us are going to learn the hard way, and it really is unimaginable how some don't see it yet, the only way, the most effective way to right a wrong like this, done you by a company, is to take it into the legal system.

What they're doing here, is clearly a "suing offense" if they don't reverse field on this and go about a practice of cutting the power in cars which have already been delivered.

Seriously, if some have politely asked, as is indicated in these last few posts and not gotten any relief, well then can we, as individual owners, if we are unfortunate enough to get hit by this, actually expect for them to do right by us in this matter without any legal impetus to do so?

I don't see it any other way.

I can't play nice with them if they cut my power in a car that I've already paid for and owned for going into two years, and against my will. How can I be expected to if they lessen my property against my will and without my permission?

Last edited:
Indeed, it has that potential if the counter is used to cut people's power without their permission.

And if that happens, then what do we have.

A bunch of permanently weakened cars with no company to make them right.

It has already been used in at least @Tech_Guy 's car without his permission.

So Tesla is seems to be doing this already. If it is a company killer as you suggest, what makes you think individual lawsuits would result in anything but Tesla stonewalling some more to protect their existence?

If Ii get hit by this, I won't need a suggestion.

Some of us are going to learn the hard way, and it really is unimaginable how some don't see it yet, the only way, the most effective way to right a wrong done you by a company, is to take it into the legal system.

It is a way, sure.

A lot of change in the world has been achieved through publicity too.

Nonsense ... Stop being a fanboi and understand that we need to raise awareness of the issue so that Tesla provides a solution.

I'd modify this to say that we need to force the issue, so that we and Tesla both understand where are they? kid that can make mistakes without consequences, teenager that can make mistakes but needs to turn around and own big ones, or adult, where mistakes may be punished severely.

Raising noise is a perfect thing to do here, allow us to triage state of maturity on a limited scale issue, and let Tesla learn if they need to change yet. Changing may be the right thing to do, but it will slow them down, and make them more risk averse. Is it time for that yet? (of course, this is a continuum, not a black and white attitude)

P85DEE has a history of taking over threads with book long posts about his vision. When people stop feeding him (I'm guilty) he slows down but never really seems to go away. Logical argument only seems to spool him up. At least he started off reasonable in this thread.
Yeah but some of us thought we saw a change. A cooler, calmer more logical P85DEE who seemed to now see the owners point of view but with the same overly verbose style but alas the switch was flipped and with it the old "DEE" has reemerged. Too bad.

If Tesla doesn't make this right I don't know what sucker will ever buy another P model from Tesla again. It's just a matter of buyers that research the car and those that don't.

Allow me to edit your words a little, if I may:

"If Tesla doesn't make this right, --ONCE THIS PRACTICE BECOMES COMMON KNOWLEDGE-- I don't know what sucker will ever buy another P model from Tesla again. It's just a matter of buyers that research the car and those that don't."

I think Tesla is counting on the general public, which includes potential Tesla P customers, never really knowing anything about this.

That's why the comment about sunlight being the best disinfectant is, in my mind, apropos here.

If I get hit by this, I won't need a suggestion.

Some of us are going to learn the hard way, and it really is unimaginable how some don't see it yet, the only way, the most effective way to right a wrong like this, done you by a company, is to take it into the legal system.

What they're doing here, is clearly a "suing offense" if they don't reverse field on this and go about a practice of cutting the power in cars which have already been delivered.

Seriously, if some have politely asked, as is indicated in these last few posts and not gotten any relief, well then can we, as individual owners, if we are unfortunate enough to get hit by this, actually expect for them to do right by us in this matter without any legal impetus to do so?

I don't see it any other way.

I can't play nice with them if they cut my power in a car that I've already paid for and owned for going into two years, and against my will. How can I be expected to if they lessen my property against my will and without my permission?
So go spend tens of thousands of dollars on the right specialized legal team to spend years in court or eventually settle on getting a .50¢ on the dollar refund of your $5,000 upgrade less whatever benefit you already got from it. That's your best case scenario.
I doubt any class action attorneys would be interested in this unless and until the class grows from it's current ONE to tens of thousands of cars.
Good luck and be sure to let us know how that works out for you.

So go spend tens of thousands of dollars on the right specialized legal team to spend years in court or eventually settle on getting a .50¢ on the dollar refund of your $5,000 upgrade less whatever benefit you already got from it. That's your best case scenario.
I doubt any class action attorneys would be interested in this unless and until the class grows from it's current ONE to tens of thousands of cars.

Yeah, right. Lay down and come in here with you and commiserate.

BTW, do you have a Ludicrous car? Did you pay for Ludicrous?

No?

Well then don't offer critique on how I plan to make this right for me, if I should be hit by it.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Reactions: davidc18

Some people will do this just on principle, not for the money.

I also understand his point, and yours.

I'm thinking more along the lines of where there's smoke, there's fire.

We may not know yet how big the fire is, or how much it will spread, but there's definitely a whole lot of smoke.
Well I guess along that analogy is what people do when there is smoke. Does everyone scream that there is a huge fire leading to mass panic, or do people try to find out the source of the smoke and react appropriately?

It has already been used in at least @Tech_Guy 's car without his permission.

So Tesla is seems to be doing this already. If it is a company killer as you suggest, what makes you think individual lawsuits would result in anything but Tesla stonewalling some more to protect their existence?

What was going to stop Nissan from stonewalling on their launch control matter?

What stopped Ford from stonewalling on their horsepower matter with their Mustang Cobra?

It is a way, sure.

A lot of change in the world has been achieved through publicity too.

Indeed.

Well I guess along that analogy is what people do when there is smoke. Does everyone scream that there is a huge fire leading to mass panic, or do people try to find out the source of the smoke and react appropriately?

Since in this case we have no ability to put out the fire, I think it is reasonable to alert as many people as possible that may be affected by the fire that a fire exists, so that they don't get burned.

So yeah, right. Lay down and come in here with you and commiserate.

BTW, do you have a Ludicrous car? Did you pay for Ludicrous?

No?

Well then don't offer critique on how I plan to make this right for me, if I should be hit by it.

Thank you.
I am critiquing the advice you are giving others. I don't care at all how you choose to waste your money. As you have done in every other similar scenario (people go check his past posts) your message has been to encourage other people to sue Tesla but not to go to the public media or embarrass Elon or the company.
Your goal here is to make P85DEE relavent again by joining this discussion (which you claimed to have stumbled on and planned to leave "shortly"). It looks like you overstayed your self imposed "short stay" by one day instead by choosing to attack @lolachampcar. Look at the length of your posts, the redundancy, the lack of self control. That's the shame of it...your inability to self moderate.

Since in this case we have no ability to put out the fire, I think it is reasonable to alert as many people as possible that may be affected by the fire that a fire exists, so that they don't get burned.
The analogy is that we do not know there is a fire yet (it could just be smoke from someone cooking). Up thread there are those that found out how the counter works and ended up not concerned any longer because it does not affect their intended use.

For example if the cut was from 1600A to 1500A, I can see there being people not concerned given they never cared about 1600A ability anyways. However if the cut is substantially below 1500A (or maybe even progressively down with no hard limit), then that is an entirely different case.

I am critiquing the advice you are giving others.

You, sir, are in no position to critique anyone's advice, nor plan, nor offer any advice, on how to approach this matter should they be hit by having their power cut in a previously purchased Ludicrous vehicle, because you don't own one.

I don't care at all how you choose to waste your money. As you have done in every other similar scenario (people go check his past posts) your message has been to encourage other people to sue Tesla but not to go to the public media or embarrass Elon or the company.
Your goal here is to make P85DEE relavent again by joining this discussion (which you claimed to have stumbled on and planned to leave "shortly"). It looks like you overstayed your self imposed "short stay" by one day instead by choosing to attack @lolachampcar. Look at the length of your posts, the redundancy, the lack of self control. That's the shame of it...your inability to self moderate.

You talk of relevancy?

Your "critique" of anyone's advice in here with a Ludicrous vehicle is completely and totally irrelevant,

You whine that you are going to put me on ignore. All of a sudden, I see you "liking" my posts. Imagine that?

How do you "like" posts that you are supposedly ignoring?

No, just like your buddy, as long as people say things that you want to hear and agree with, you're fine with it.

Anything different and you can't deal with it.

Last edited:
100 amps * 375 volts is 37,500 watts or 50 hp
The latest numbers I saw on V3 battery cars was about 680 hp so 50 is a 7.4% reduction.
Seven and a half percent is not a big percentage.
You will pay a good bit of money to get a 7.5% boost in horsepower on most cars.
Two different reference points with very different conclusions.

The Carrara GT is known to "lay down" after 5-7K miles of hard driving. I've not seen any real numbers but I would not be shocked if someone quoted, say, a 7.5% loss. First, I would consider that under designed depending on just how hard the car was driven but that is not what we are discussing. We are talking about the manufacturer reaching out to your car without your permission and flipping a switch to purposefully remove that power. That is an intentional act, not accelerated wear.