Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Paint armor now being factory applied regularly

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had my Silver P85 for two weeks. Everyone who has seen the car has commented on how beautiful it looks - with one exception - they've consistently asked about the thin line on the front hood for the paint armor.

Tesla should offer an option for full hood armor - and eliminate the line. It's the only major flaw I see in the car's design right now. If it cost another $500 to cover the entire hood, it would be worth it on a $100K P85...

I've had my Silver P85 for two weeks. Everyone who has seen the car has commented on how beautiful it looks - with one exception - they've consistently asked about the thin line on the front hood for the paint armor.

Tesla should offer an option for full hood armor - and eliminate the line. It's the only major flaw I see in the car's design right now. If it cost another $500 to cover the entire hood, it would be worth it on a $100K P85...

I talked with the guys installing mine last week, and Tesla seems uninterested, and until a pattern is made, it would seem the starshield people are as well.

Good news on it being installed from the factory. By the time I got mine on, there were already nicks all over the front. Barn door. Horse.

I talked with the guys installing mine last week, and Tesla seems uninterested, and until a pattern is made, it would seem the starshield people are as well.

Good news on it being installed from the factory. By the time I got mine on, there were already nicks all over the front. Barn door. Horse.

I think Tesla has it right. Me personally......the most important part of coverage is the front 3rd of the hood. That area gets hit the hardest with sand, salt, pebbles and gravel. I don't see the need to cover the whole hood.

I think Tesla has it right. Me personally......the most important part of coverage is the front 3rd of the hood. That area gets hit the hardest with sand, salt, pebbles and gravel. I don't see the need to cover the whole hood.

My R8 is partially covered... Guess where rocks bounce after they hit the front part of the hood? That's right, the rest of the hood. There's also the issue of the "line", that, according to starshield is worse because of the type of film Tesla decided to go with (Avery vs 3M). He said the line becomes more pronounced because of it.