Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Paint issues with model Y 2023 upon delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just delivery of Model Y 2023 and I noticed a tiny paint issue at the corner of the lift gate. Tesla agreed to fix it but they will send the car to body shop to repaint a section of the lift gate. I don’t know whether I should let them fix it or not since it requires repaint a section of lift gate. Of course they will try to match the paint but the paint is not original anymore.

Please advice.

Thanks
C494CC35-AFF5-479F-8695-DA7899781BE8.jpeg
3CD246D9-7CAC-44B7-86D7-5B18B2606DE1.jpeg

you really have no choice at this point, this must be fixed. I just went through a paint issue fixed at Tesla cert body shop, fix was totally flawless. zero hint of any issue.. but of course will differ by shop

Hello, and thank you to anyone who responds. I am new here.
The questions are regarding my Model Y, which I picked up Nov 6/22.

I watched the other day while pressure rinsing the car as a tiny rock nick in the paint turned into a ~2-3 mm circular chip. In other words large chunk of paint blew off from the pressure washer. Has any one heard of this before? I makes me concerned about paint adhesion and warranty. I intend to have the paint chips repaired (got some touch up paint from Tesla) and a protective coating put on. But, I thought I should try to find out about warranty first and when I tried to ask service through the Tesla app, it tried to book a service visit several hours away (I do not live near a Tesla-approved service centre).

Also after about 6,000 km and only ~3 months driving the windshield is significantly more pitted than I think my Subaru windshields ever were after the same amount of time (not 100% sure, but fairly sure). Are there known issues with the windshield glass and pitting?

Thanks again,
Jay

I just delivery of Model Y 2023 and I noticed a tiny paint issue at the corner of the lift gate. Tesla agreed to fix it but they will send the car to body shop to repaint a section of the lift gate. I don’t know whether I should let them fix it or not since it requires repaint a section of lift gate. Of course they will try to match the paint but the paint is not original anymore.

Please advice.

Thanks
View attachment 912748View attachment 912750
Just received my Model Y. It had two very tiny chips...literally specs. Tesla insisted on fixing it. This is it right now at a body shop. If I would have known they would have done this to my brand new car, I would have left it with the chips. They left it disassembled in the rain with the Frunk open.

Attachments

• IMG_3347.jpg
    IMG_3347.jpg
    429 KB · Views: 295
It is not just Tesla with these issues. My Son works for an Automotive Group Dealer that has many brands and the cars with the worst issues are Hyundai followed by Toyota. Most of the time defects get fixed before the car reaches the customer. However there are times where issues with quality defects that get noticed by workers and told to management don't get fixed because management will wait and see if the customer complains about it. I worked for Car Dealers in the mid to late 80s to early 90s and nothing has changed. It happened back then and will continue to happen in the future.

Reactions: SeanTT