Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Paint Protection Film (PPF) & Ceramic Coating

What EXTERIOR car protection are you going to get?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did a front wrap on our M3 2.5 years ago. Bumper, hood, lights and mirrors. I did the ceramic coat on the rest of the car using CQ.UK 3.0. Today it looks fantastic. Two tiny chips on fender between hood and light on driver side.
Did the same for my MY. Just picked it up. Shout out to Koosha at Pinnacle. Highly recommend him if you are in the OC. He wrapped both cars. Also covered the plates in the door wells and the top of back bumper in the Y. (so many scratches happen there from dragging things out of the back).
What does a front wrap + ceramic treatment cost? Have you done any ceramic toucj-up treatments?

What does a front wrap + ceramic treatment cost? Have you done any ceramic touch-up treatments?

Artk,

General pricing for full front end protection (full hood, full front fenders, front bumper, headlights, and side mirrors) ranges from $1,895 - $2,195. Ceramic coatings can range from $1,500 - $3,000 depending on the amount of paint correction (think used darker color paint vs newer silver/white paint with much less visible damage). The best way to get an accurate quote is to stop by your local installer so they can inspect your paint first-hand.

What does a front wrap + ceramic treatment cost? Have you done any ceramic toucj-up treatments?
Pinnacle charged $1200 for XPEL on front bumper, hood, mirrors, all four door jam bottoms (where the scuffs appear). I choose not to do the fenders as I did for our M3. I am taking a chance and as I noted above did get a couple tiny chips. For $1900 he includes the fenders. I did the ceramic myself. It’s a commitment. Took me four hours this time. Honestly rushed it a bit.

I have PPF and ceramic lined up already and haven't even taken delivery. I'll be doing paint prep/correction, full paint protection (3M) on every painted surface and a ceramic top coat over that PPF for $6,500. I'll also be tinting the front windshield with Suntek ceramic ~70% and all side windows with Suntek ~25% window tint. My installer is tossing in a free center console wrap (black brushed metal look) for a total of $7,200.

Artk,

General pricing for full front end protection (full hood, full front fenders, front bumper, headlights, and side mirrors) ranges from $1,895 - $2,195. Ceramic coatings can range from $1,500 - $3,000 depending on the amount of paint correction (think used darker color paint vs newer silver/white paint with much less visible damage). The best way to get an accurate quote is to stop by your local installer so they can inspect your paint first-hand.
Thanks so much

Has anyone had experience with ppf before? I’m planning to do the front end, but wondering about the paint discoloration on the unwrap areas of the car 5-10 years down the road.
When i researched this a few years ago I found very few complaints on Xpel. I’m out 2.5 years on a Midnight Silver 3. Probably difficult to see any issues on that color. When I explain I have Xpel on the front, people try to find any evidence and come up empty handed.
We just had the Xpel Ultimate Plus installed on our white Y. I guess that will be the real test. Xpel has a 10 year warrantee if installer is factory authorized. And have a solid rep so felt comfortable going with them.

• Love
Reactions: XPEL
When i researched this a few years ago I found very few complaints on Xpel. I’m out 2.5 years on a Midnight Silver 3. Probably difficult to see any issues on that color. When I explain I have Xpel on the front, people try to find any evidence and come up empty handed.
We just had the Xpel Ultimate Plus installed on our white Y. I guess that will be the real test. Xpel has a 10 year warrantee if installer is factory authorized. And have a solid rep so felt comfortable going with them.

I have no doubts about the ppf. My concern is mainly the paint on the car without ppf. I would assume it will get discolor over time because it’s not wrapped, leavening the car with two shades of color. Is that a issue for anyone?