Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Paint repair kit ultra red

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When there was a period of time that my car’s touch up kit was not available, the Tesla service center sold me touch up paint that they had. It wasn’t prettily packaged and they charged me the same as the official kit. And this was back when Tesla Service was more approachable. But might still be an option. Or best approach is probably to wait. It will eventually show up in the Tesla Shop.

Already have a huge rock chip on the door and needing a touch up kit so I can fix it and PPF. Sadly I did a PPF on the front, and 1 day after getting it a big door rock chip appeared. Uggh

I ordered this kit…should arrive in a couple of days but will not get a chance to try it for a couple of weeks…

I have used this brand before…the process is same as Dr. ColorChip.
Got this kit today and paint code on the jar is PPMR which is multi coat red and not Ultra Red so I suspect the Amazon description is wrong. I have an email into them confirming it’s wrong.

That sucks. On the fence between a Model S LR in MSM or Ultra Red. Not being able to find touch up paint for Ultra Red at this point is pushing me towards MSM though :(
The vendor replied back and said they could send out the correct paint code, but I am a little skeptical that they understand this is a new red color. I asked them to confirm again it would be paint code PR01 and that it's the new red color. Will update here, once I hear back.

Even if this one does not work out, I think someone will have a kit soon. UltraRed is a great color so I would not pass it up.

The vendor replied back and said they could send out the correct paint code, but I am a little skeptical that they understand this is a new red color. I asked them to confirm again it would be paint code PR01 and that it's the new red color. Will update here, once I hear back.

Even if this one does not work out, I think someone will have a kit soon. UltraRed is a great color so I would not pass it up.
Being that the new Model 3 Project Highland refresh has an Ultra Red option, I have to think that Tesla will start selling touch up paint for the color soon since the M3/MY is their bread and butter.

Reactions: CatgirlsRock
Any luck?
I got the replacement kit, but the jars have no paint code on them. I messaged them back to confirm it's PR01, but no reply. Just messaged them again...I am not convinced it's right and can't really tell from looking at it. My chip is for a rock that went through the PPF, so I can't test this easily. I was going to have the PPF shop remove the PPF section, touch it up, and replace that section. If I don't get a reply, I will return the kit and wait for either Tesla or Dr. ColorChip to make a kit.

I received the following response from automotivetouchup.com:

We can mix that color for you but it doesn't show on the site. You will need to call your order in for a rep to place the order for you. Your paint color is a tricoat, so you will receive a groundcoat and a midcoat that is sold as a set. Clearcoat is required to protect the paint and give it a gloss finish.

Side note, I was so annoyed by Tesla not selling the Ultra Red touch up paint directly on their website that I ended up going with Midnight Silver Metallic. Good luck to all with that Ultra Red though.

I received the following response from automotivetouchup.com:

We can mix that color for you but it doesn't show on the site. You will need to call your order in for a rep to place the order for you. Your paint color is a tricoat, so you will receive a groundcoat and a midcoat that is sold as a set. Clearcoat is required to protect the paint and give it a gloss finish.

Side note, I was so annoyed by Tesla not selling the Ultra Red touch up paint directly on their website that I ended up going with Midnight Silver Metallic. Good luck to all with that Ultra Red though.
Although I love the color I’ve been regretting my decision to go with it. 50 miles and already have my front bumper nicked. Been wanting to PPF but unable to find that touch up paint to repair before I go through with it.