Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Paint repair

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s new. They previously just had bottles of touch up paint which included a pen and brush, now they are rolling everything into a ‘kit’ which costs about twice as much as the previous touch up paint. I think it’s only been available recently since I have been waiting on the Titanium color touch up paint which has been out of stock for months now. I was on the waiting list and was told I would be notified when it became available and just got this last Friday:

Dear Tesla Customer,

Thank you for your continued patience with the development of the Titanium Metallic (PPTI) Touch-Up Paint. We are pleased to announce that a new Paint Repair Kit has been released and is now available in the online shop. We have included a link below to the product page, for your convenience. Please remember to select your preferred color from the drop-down menu. If you would like to confirm which color will match your vehicle best, please refer to the 4 letter paint code located on the label attached to the driver side door.

Model S/X/3 Paint Repair Kit

This new kit contains all the tools and materials needed to repair paint chips in a single package. An instructional booklet is included with the kit, however, we have also included a short instructional video on the product page should you like to see the Paint Repair Kit in action before application.

• 1 x Instructional booklet
  • 1 x 0.5 oz. bottle of OEM Paint
  • 1 x 1 oz. bottle of Blending Solution
  • 1 x squeegee (used for large application needs)
  • 1 x micro brush
  • 1 x ultra brush
  • 1 x wiping cloth
  • 1 x micro fiber towel

We thank you again for your patience.

Kind Regards,

Online Orders, Vehicle Accessories

6800 Dumbarton Circle, Fremont, CA 94555

[email protected]

shop.tesla.com

As has been pointed out in other threads, this appears to be a white label branding of Dr. Colorchip's product, which is a fantastic product that is nothing like ordinary touch up paint. It does not require that tedious process of "building up, sanding, polishing, etc.", you just smudge it on over the chip, let it dry a bit, then gently wipe with the provided solution that takes the paint off the surface around the chip, leaving the product inside the chip hole. Demo of this below.

8720364B-CEFE-4361-98E6-565D0B101342.jpeg

I used dr color chip ..than hit it with paint correction compound..that area is ceramiced ...so I touched up with hydro silex ...u can’t tell anymore ...last 2steps not really needed though

• Love
Reactions: HeinrichJ729
View attachment 319284

I used dr color chip ..than hit it with paint correction compound..that area is ceramiced ...so I touched up with hydro silex ...u can’t tell anymore ...last 2steps not really needed though

Wow that's a pro job! Looks like you've matched the metallic paint perfectly.

If your current job does not work out, you can start a car paint repair business :)

• Love
Reactions: P85_DA