Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

painting M3 tire cover

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My M3 has white color, however the tire covers are black. I have seen other M3 Tesla , white color, with silver color tire cover. Looking very good to me.
I want remove the tire cover and "spray paint" them with silver color, then put them back. Does this affect warranty in any way ?

My M3 has white color, however the tire covers are black. I have seen other M3 Tesla , white color, with silver color tire cover. Looking very good to me.
I want remove the tire cover and "spray paint" them with silver color, then put them back. Does this affect warranty in any way ?
Tire cover?

Are you talking about hub caps? I’ve seen white hub cabs on white Tesla’s. Kinda blah. Have you looked at these?

IMG_1449.jpeg

Last edited:
My suspicion is the only warranty it would affect, if any, is the warranty on the tire covers.

Reactions: jjrandorin
OK, these are called wheel covers. Today is a sunny day after weeks of rain. So I go ahead to spray paint the wheel covers of my M3.
Here are the photos (before and after)

BEFORE:
blackCover.jpg

AFTER: I love this look more than the black ones.
silverCover1.jpg
silverCover1.jpg

Attachments

• silverCover2.jpg
    silverCover2.jpg
    221.1 KB · Views: 10
  • Love
Reactions: Skavatar
I remove the wheel covers from the car, then for each of the cover, I put the cap of the paint can over the Tesla logo at the center of the cover.
then spray over these things. The Tesla logo remains intact.
It takes one full spray can to complete the job.
I have seen some car with white wheel cover matching the color of the car body. This look very interesting but does not fit my taste.
From now on, dirt that got on these covers will show up more visibly.

I remove the wheel covers from the car, then for each of the cover, I put the cap of the paint can over the Tesla logo at the center of the cover.
then spray over these things. The Tesla logo remains intact.
It takes one full spray can to complete the job.
I have seen some car with white wheel cover matching the color of the car body. This look very interesting but does not fit my taste.
From now on, dirt that got on these covers will show up more visibly.

looks great.

how's the paint holding up? what brand of spray paint did you use?

Just a spray can from Home Depot, brand is in the pic below:
20240218_142029.jpg

Color: metallic silver.
Time will tell how it hold up.
I used this kind of paint on many water pipes around my house, exposed to sun all year round, the paint hold up quite well. Expect to repaint in 2+ years.

• Informative