Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pairing iPhone to MY doesn’t work

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Son-in-law drives a M3 and uses an iPhone. He was going to borrow my model Y and we set out to pair his phone. We tried everything to no avail. Even got down to deleting the app. When my daughter did this, there were problems but it eventually worked. So I can’t figure this one out.

Not sure if you did this but if you want to give someone access to your car, login to your Tesla account (not the app) and under Manage->Car Access add that person's email account. That person will receive an email and needs to install the Tesla app (if not already installed) and accept access to your car. Similarly, you can revoke access to your car using Manage->Car Access.

When I viewed "Manage" under my account I saw my daughter's name, so I was confident this would work. But it was not to be, the car did not recognize his iphone. Frankly, the only thing I didn't try was cycling Bluetooth on his phone.
AFAIK Tesla only allow one additional driver to be linked to the car, and consequently one additional phone to be paired. If both your daughter and her husband want to use the car, one of them has to use a key card.

AFAIK Tesla only allow one additional driver to be linked to the car, and consequently one additional phone to be paired. If both your daughter and her husband want to use the car, one of them has to use a key card
AFAIK Tesla only allow one additional driver to be linked to the car, and consequently one additional phone to be paired. If both your daughter and her husband want to use the car, one of them has to use a key card.
How interesting! We'll test that theory, thanks!

Just want to confirm that the followings are true:
  1. You son-in-law has created an account on Tesla
  2. You added his account to your car on Tesla website
  3. He has installed the Tesla app to his phone and logged in using his account
  4. You then tried to pair that phone with your car and it fails?