Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pan Am Sports Centre tonight

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think this is less common where there is signage that states only charging vehicles permitted (Unless your at Yorkdale mall), this lot has no such restrictions and wish not to make it that way. I don’t think I the ICE cars did anything wrong. You can’t enfoce something just because it would suit you. Until they decide to make those spots exclusively EV ‘charging’ only they just happen to be parking spots that can provide power if needed.

I think this is less common where there is signage that states only charging vehicles permitted (Unless your at Yorkdale mall), this lot has no such restrictions and wish not to make it that way. I don’t think I the ICE cars did anything wrong. You can’t enfoce something just because it would suit you. Until they decide to make those spots exclusively EV ‘charging’ only they just happen to be parking spots that can provide power if needed.

Maybe so. To me, you don’t necessarily have to break a law to be a dick. That’s what it’s about for me. There’s no law against some pickup truck driven by a meatball parking in one of those expectant mothers or family spots. It’s about courtesy. At some point the person that doesn’t want to extend courtesy does that mental equation and comes up with a solution of: ME
When all 30 spots are available it’s an easier math problem than when you take the last one.

Last edited:
How does taking the last one equate differently to taking the first one when there is no restrictions in place. A guy in a pick (that’s is as stereotypical as a Tesla driver) in an expectant mother’s only enforced parking space is not the same as an ICE vehicle parking in a legitimate place that happens to also have a power outlet. I totally agree it’s a courtesy to leave that spot vacant but it should not be expected.

Was the lot pretty full? At least 20% of the spots are "EV" and offer free charging. While that's great, 20% of cars aren't EVs. ICE drivers would probably not opt for an EV spot as their first choice but there are no restrictions and it's a small lot. I think you can only consider yourself fortunate in this case that it might be possible to get a free top up.

How does taking the last one equate differently to taking the first one when there is no restrictions in place. A guy in a pick (that’s is as stereotypical as a Tesla driver) in an expectant mother’s only enforced parking space is not the same as an ICE vehicle parking in a legitimate place that happens to also have a power outlet. I totally agree it’s a courtesy to leave that spot vacant but it should not be expected.

Uh the family parking spots aren’t enforced either. I think it is about courtesy. I think there’s something a little extra jerky about taking the last spot. Maybe not to you and that’s fine.

Uh the family parking spots aren’t enforced either. I think it is about courtesy. I think there’s something a little extra jerky about taking the last spot. Maybe not to you and that’s fine.
This isn't about enforcement though. Those family spots are reserved for families. These are non reserved spots with ev chargers. It's different from most other places with for ev charging only signs.

The family spots don’t say only either. None that I have seen anyway. Regardless I’d like to see them enforced too. Neither spots are enforced. Fine. I’m simply saying there’s a level of ME involved when you park in one of those places when you don’t meet the ‘suggested’ requirement.

When I left the pool this morning there was an ICE vehicle waiting for my spot. As I exited I passed six regular spots. I think that guy is a dink. Sorry.

Reactions: pcons
As a side note. There are 4 EV spots at my work and it clearly says EV charging only and 4 hour limit and I've never seen them iced. However I see some cars in the carpool spots that I don't think are actually carpooling... They're both near the entrance to the elevators.

I pay attention since I both drive an EV and carpool.