Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Paperwork to stay on NEM 1.0 (CA) when adding PW

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a solar system that is grandfathered under NEM 1.0 from 2016. If I add a powerwall what PG&E paperwork should I or my contractor submit to ensure that I don't lose NEM 1.0 status? I ask because there seems to be a few contractor or utility caused screwups that have gotten people bumped out of their original NEM status.

I have a solar system that is grandfathered under NEM 1.0 from 2016. If I add a powerwall what PG&E paperwork should I or my contractor submit to ensure that I don't lose NEM 1.0 status? I ask because there seems to be a few contractor or utility caused screwups that have gotten people bumped out of their original NEM status.
In my case (done two years ago but I don't think it has changed), the form used was Form 79-1193,

You have to check Residential and Solar boxes. But you don't enter any information in the solar section. You just enter your maximum export value (which for me was 10 Kw for the two PWs).

And also make sure you select the current rate box you are on.

Reactions: ARG-EV
Does anyone have a suggestion on where to look for the SoCal Edison paperwork to do the same thing?

I'm looking at the cost of the powerwall 3s and it looks like it'd be a pretty nice addition...