TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Parcel shelf rattling - any good home fixes?

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by clostridium, Apr 21, 2017.

1. clostridium

clostridium Member

The right side of my parcel shelf is rattling. Anyone got a home remedy for a rattling parcel shelf? I was thinking about a small piece of Velcro on each side but wanted to see what others have done.

Thanks
    Craig

2. Barry

Barry Active Member

Interesting screen name, Craig. Sounds like a difficile problem. Maybe some Botox? :)

Seriously, I've never had the problem, but Velcro sounds like a reasonable approach. I'v purchased adhesive strips/pads of Velcro at Home Depot.

3. Drone Flyer

Drone Flyer Member

You could just remove it! LOL!
    I find it quite useless actually.

4. clostridium

clostridium Member

It seems to insulate some of the sound from the rear wheels and it's also nice to not have my entire trunk on display so I want to stick with it. It's also a good spot to put a suit to keep it from getting wrinkled.

5. huzz1970

huzz1970 Member

Hi
    You can take some black felt with adhesive on the back, and cut into 3/8" strips and lay them along the top of the bump out where the shelf rests, both sides. This will quiet the shelf.

• Like x 1
  6. artsci

artsci Sponsor

I doubt that it's the parcel shelf that's rattling? There's not much there to rattle. Are your sure it's not the supports? They're snapped into place and one may have come loose.

• Like x 1