Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Paris Motor Show--Some New electric Vehicles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not from Paris, but yet another new fully electric car from VW:

A commercial vehicle with a rather small range of 200 km (~124 miles). According to the video the sale starts mid 2017.

Reminds me of the commercial fully electric vehicle "Street-Scooter" the german postal service (Deutsche Post) has build, which has only 80 km (50 miles) of range. They have recently build their 1,000th Street-Scooter and plan to ramp up the production to 10,000 cars per year in 2017.

Video of the Street-Scooter (in German):

Last edited:
It may be unattractive and lack a fast DC charging network,

Each to their own but I think it looks fine. It's not stunning, but it's definitely on the positive side of neutral. It's a 5 seat hatchback normal car that happens to run on electricity, and that is what its market wants.

And over here we do have a pretty decent CCS network that is growing all the time. It should be a hit in mainland Europe if GM market it right.

The VW concept car looks like a cross between the Tesla Model 3 and the BMW i3. I kind of like it and this is a good step forward for VW in my opinion.
Sorry, but I will never trust VW after the fuel mileage scandal. I truly feel they have not been punished, and short of putting too many people out of work at dealerships in the US, I wish the gubment would keep them from selling in the US for the next 5 years. They lied to every single customer that bought their vehicles.

Each to their own but I think it looks fine. It's not stunning, but it's definitely on the positive side of neutral. It's a 5 seat hatchback normal car that happens to run on electricity, and that is what its market wants.

For €22K not €35k

And over here we do have a pretty decent CCS network that is growing all the time. It should be a hit in mainland Europe if GM market it right.

GM is allocating ~5k units for mainland Europe. So there will be almost no money for a marketing campaign. It will be a cyberspace/ guerrilla marketing campaign aimed at EV/HEV owners not mainstream ICEv owners.

But in reality they are many years away from production.

I am sick to death of EV "concepts". VW and MB and Audi and Ford need to start producing real long range EVs. At least GM is finally doing something real with the Bolt. It may be unattractive and lack a fast DC charging network, but it is a step in the right direction.

yes. at least it seems that something is going on

For €22K not €35k

I didn't know € was a measure of looks... Someone better tell Renault, Fiat et al. Besides, we haven't had official pricing here yet. GM knows that the original Ampera was overpriced for most people, so I can't see them making the same mistake again.

GM is allocating ~5k units for mainland Europe. So there will be almost no money for a marketing campaign. It will be a cyberspace/ guerrilla marketing campaign aimed at EV/HEV owners not mainstream ICEv owners.

It was a big press launch yesterday and I've already seen it in mainstream publications. Even the normally EV skeptical journalists were lamenting that it is not coming to the UK as a RHD.

Here's the ad for it. Doesn't seemed to be aimed at the EV crowd to me.

I didn't know € was a measure of looks... Someone better tell Renault, Fiat et al. Besides, we haven't had official pricing here yet. GM knows that the original Ampera was overpriced for most people, so I can't see them making the same mistake again.

People expect a certain combination of size,looks, and equipment level for the price.

Legacy automakers make the cheaper offerings uglier on purpose in part to justify the higher price of their premium offerings.

The Ampera-e may not carry the same premium over the Bolt as the Ampera(€41k) did over the Volt but I seriously doubt GM will ship the Ampera-e across the Atlantic for free.

It was a big press launch yesterday and I've already seen it in mainstream publications. Even the normally EV skeptical journalists were lamenting that it is not coming to the UK as a RHD.

Here's the ad for it. Doesn't seemed to be aimed at the EV crowd to me.

It is the job of the press to cover all new cars. That is irrelevant to GM's marketing plan. This is free press.

Post when the TV add is on Television on the same channels at the same times for the same number of spots as a typical Opel.

Last edited:
Post when the TV add is on Television on the same channels at the same times for the same number of spots as a typical Opel.

I haven't watched TV with commercials in a few years now, except the Superbowl which I watch only FOR the commercials. Marketing is moving away from TV, especially for products that are consumed by the middle class to upper class. Lower income products are TV targets.

I have never seen a Tesla TV commercial and Tesla is doing fine without them.

The improved Zoe and improved Leaf are the competition for the AmperaE, but also the Hot Hatch segment. In the US we scoff at Hot Hatches, but Europe is different. The streets can be much narrower, and parking is a more serious problem. The average legal speed is also lower.

I wonder two things:
1. How can Mercedes make the 300 mile SUV for $45000?
2. Where do all these manufacturers get their batteries from without a Gigafactory?
Anything announced in Europe will be range as per NEDC standards, therefore not even close to reality. If they do make it, it will be closer to 300km.

I don't know why Europeans don't demand a range standard that's somewhat realistic.