Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Parking assist and visualization issues?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m not sure if I should be concerned or if this is normal behavior. We Tesla owner and I’m wondering if my cameras aren’t calibrated appropriately as the traffic visualizations seems like they miss a lot and the cars on the road per the visualization move around a lot. I’ll get more videos while I’m moving if necessary but even while parked it seems to miss a lot.

That looks normal for basic Autopilot and EAP. FSD beta gives you visualizations of all or most of the cars it sees. The cars that don't show up in AP are still seen by the car and are taken into account for driving and safety if needed (in which case they would probably show up). Only the visualization is missing.

There are thousands of FSDb videos on YouTube. If you haven't done so already, you can take a look at some of them to see the large number of cars that are visualized.

The situation is similar to traffic congestion visualization and premium connectivity. To have congested areas show up on the map, you need to pay for premium connectivity. But the congestion is still taken into account when routing even if you only have the basic free connectivity.

• Informative
Reactions: isolator
I’m not sure if I should be concerned or if this is normal behavior. We Tesla owner and I’m wondering if my cameras aren’t calibrated appropriately as the traffic visualizations seems like they miss a lot and the cars on the road per the visualization move around a lot. I’ll get more videos while I’m moving if necessary but even while parked it seems to miss a lot.
I believe that the visualization is just a rough display for humans. The car uses the more detailed underlying data for self driving.

Yeah, the cars on the display do jump around a lot. Honestly, I don't think it really matters.

Some days the drive through window at McDonald's looks like a semi.