Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Parking brake function degraded warning

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys,

I've looked this up and found only one other person reporting this error on their car. I picked up my Model 3 Performance three days ago and now every time I drive it, at some point it comes up with parking brake function degraded. It can be completely random and I'm not touching any of the controls.

I also find that my music stops a lot but not sure if this is related?

Anyone else had this issue or know what the issue could be?

Check your 12v battery cables are secure, then check that the battery is healthy. If nothing out of the ordinary, I would call service to see if they will do a over the air diagnostic for you.
Thanks Avid I'll take a look. I did a hard reset earlier today and touch wood haven't had the error since but haven't done that may miles so we'll see. I'll let you know if the error comes back.

Thanks Avid I'll take a look. I did a hard reset earlier today and touch wood haven't had the error since but haven't done that may miles so we'll see. I'll let you know if the error comes back.
Little update. So I checked the battery cables and they all seem attached and secured. Hadn't had the warning for a few days so thought that the hard reset I'd done might of fixed it but it came back yesterday and since then I've had the warning come up twice as well as it going into park mode even though driving. This was all just graphics based, none of it affected the car and it shortly went back to the normal drive graphic.

I've booked it in for a service so hopefully they'll sort it out.

I just got the warning too on a 2014 Model S. Scroll wheel reset didn't fix it. Scheduling roadside assistance. Let's see what they do.

Attachments

• IMG_3324.jpeg
    IMG_3324.jpeg
    545.1 KB · Views: 390
Reactions: Scott13TMSP85