Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Parking sensor loose

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My kid pushed one of the parking sensors on the rear bumper in. Still there in correct spot, but loose and you can move it around. Not sure if this throws the calibration off or might cause a problem with letting water in during rain or car wash.

Would you fix it or wait and see if any issues develop? Taking off the bumper seems pretty involved looking at YouTube videos. Anyone have something similar happen?

My kid pushed one of the parking sensors on the rear bumper in. Still there in correct spot, but loose and you can move it around. Not sure if this throws the calibration off or might cause a problem with letting water in during rain or car wash.

Would you fix it or wait and see if any issues develop? Taking off the bumper seems pretty involved looking at YouTube videos. Anyone have something similar happen?

Yes, you want to fix at some point. Not super urgent, but there is a rubber seal around the sensor to prevent water and dirt from getting into the bumper cover.

And yes, the calibration will probably be off. Plus if the sensor detaches completely, you are probably looking at replacing the sensor, plus painting, etc.

Last edited:
I just had mine fixed and it took roughly 1.5 hours. One advisor said something hit my bumper, another advisor said nothing hit the bumper. I am not sure what happened. Maybe road debris hit it. But I wasn't charged for the fix.