Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Parking sensors not sounding off since last update....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else notice that since the recent update (i can check the version), that the small proximity parking sensors in the bumpers don’t sound off when you get close to something? The dash shows the area in which things are but i was used to hearing a sound when you got a bit too close.

Did something change or is there another setting I can adjust this in? TIA.

6199584C-16D2-4849-B1E3-9C29A015129D.jpeg

Yep. That is toggled on (and has been). I recycled the button to see if that helps.

Software is v10.2 (2029.8.3 7xxx...)

Try display rebooting. Hold both steering wheel buttons down until the displays go dark, 5-10 seconds. Release and wait a minute or so for the MCU to reboot.

On the last update I loss the clicking noise on my turn signals and this brought it back. FWIW, a full reboot, as above with brake held down, did not fix the issue. A display reboot did.

Last edited:
Try display rebooting. Hold both steering wheel buttons down until the displays go dark, 5-10 seconds. Release and wait a minute or so for the MCU to reboot.

On the last update I loss the clicking noise on my turn signals and this brought it back. FWIW, a full reboot, as above with brake held down, did not fix the issue. A display reboot did.

Wow! This worked and fixed it - thanks so much! Weird that is what it took to fix it, but sure enough the beeping is back. I'll have to keep this in mind moving forward and if anything else gets a bit wonky here and there.

Also to clarify: press down on both steering wheel "wheel" buttons vs. the actual buttons (4 in total) on both sides of the steering wheel itself. i did not keep me foot on the brake & it will reboot within 5 seconds or so. for future reference if anyone else needs to this trick.