Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Parts supply delays

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Sean.

Jun 30, 2020
Suffolk (UK)
I've been waiting for parts for a non-functioning drivers door for over a month now. Its getting quite tedious and service have absolutely no idea where the parts are (still in the US, in transit etc). All they can do is reschedule the appointment until October, in the vain hope parts will magically arrive before then.

Is anybody else having a parts nightmare at the moment?

I think parts delays are fairly common. Not too bad if they come from Nederland's, but a PITA if coming from USA as there is no sign that its s stock item even then.

I had problems early in the year down to parts availability. Several months delay then coincided with Covid lockdown do our decision to postpone. So what started as an issue raised at an end Nov service appt didn't get completed until July this year. Ironically when it went in to have the work done in May, they were out of stock again, so hence the further delay. So over 9 months to get the delivery defects sorted and since then we needed 2 follow up appointments to resolve issues relating to the fixing of the issues.

Yeah I can’t open my drivers door from the outside so it’s either open the passenger side door, get in, stretch over and open the door from the inside (remembering to hold the door by the handle so it doesn’t fly open into the traffic), ask the passenger to open it or if stopped short term and in sights, wind the window down (hope the alarm doesn’t trigger) and reach in and open it that way. This gets tedious several times a day. Quality eh for a near £100k car...this and other BS Tesla quality control stuff might finally push me to a Taycan.

Tesla seriously need to get their quality *sugar* together.

Interesting to read your experiences.

I've ordered (and paid for) a Model 3 LR which can't be delivered to me because it needs a replacement part for the charger/port/whatever. The part apparently has been ordered, but I didn't get a text. Is there always a text when parts are ordered?