Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pass Window Goes Down While Parked

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A few times now I have discovered my locked M3 to have the passenger window rolled down about 2 inches. The first time the car was parked in the hot sun and I thought this was perhaps part of the cabin overheat protection. But then it started happening in my garage at home. Anyone else have this happen? Is this normal or a system fault?

Make sure when you are exiting the car that you aren't accidentally hitting the window switch. I was having a similar issue with my car except the passenger window was all the way down. Turned out I was using the door armrest to help me out of the car and was inadvertently hitting the switch.

BTW, lots of posts about this on the forum already. Just sayin'

Keith

Make sure when you are exiting the car that you aren't accidentally hitting the window switch.
I was having a similar issue with my car except the passenger window was all the way down.
Turned out I was using the door armrest to help me out of the car and was inadvertently hitting the switch.
BTW, lots of posts about this on the forum already. Just sayin'
Keith
Same issue, as I don't always think to check the windows when leaving the car.
This makes me a little warisson when parked in the street, as someone could easily be tented to break the window if not completely rolled up.

I wish there was a way to control or to be informed about the windows setting using the phone remote App.
Which would make sense since you can control remotely the inside temperature but would be useless if the windows are open.

I put a little piece of black cardboard to cover the area and I just made a cut above the window driver switch.

The cover has a tape on one end, so it is easy to lift the cover if I want to open the other windows.
(This is a temporary solution, may be I will find something better, but it looks fine and not noticeable)

Note: the top of the switches are just flush with the armrest.
I wish they were just a little below so they would be less prone to be hit accidentally.
(I might try to see if it is possible to mill a notch to lower the full window switch mechanism)

Recalibrate the windows. Go to each door and roll down the window holding the button down for at least 5 seconds once the window is down, then roll the window all the way up and keep pulling the button up for at least 5 seconds once the window is up. I had a similar problem and this fixed it.