TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Passenger Door - Opens all the way instead of closing

Discussion in 'Model X: User Interface' started by Gas Guzzler, Oct 24, 2016.

1. Gas Guzzler

Gas Guzzler Member

I usually do the one click on the key fob to close all the doors when passengers exit the vehicle. Today, with my car parked where the curb is on the left, I hit the one click close and the passenger side swung all the way open and I almost clipped another car. Now I'm paranoid about using the click to close option. Anyone else experience this?

2. outie

outie Active Member

Never. Did you find the secret combo to open the passenger door? I am sure many people would like to know!

3. vandacca

vandacca ReActive Member

I had this issue with the driver's door. It only happened once and I got really confused at the time because the door was already opened and then tried to open even further. I simply closed the door manually and everything has worked normally ever since. I suspect it was some rare and unusual set of circumstances that caused the vehicle to get confused.

This was prior to the 8.0 software upgrade, so it's possible that the issue has been fixed.

4. Gas Guzzler

Gas Guzzler Member

I've had the latches on my doors replaced previously and running 8.0. Opening "more" instead of closing is quite troubling but I have not been able to replicate it. @outie - Sorry no secret combo, just key fob click.