Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Passenger reactions to full acceleration

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I rented a P90D in Vegas and had 3 passengers in the car. I stomped on it very briefly (up to 35mph) after pulling out of the hotel car park and the guy in the back had his legs a little bit apart. The Gs threw his legs open further and he split the seam down the middle of his jeans.

so fast it literally split his pants open. Funniest *sugar* ever.

Hello all Tesla buddies, this is the first time I have posted.

Whenever I take friends for a test run in my P90D with Ludicrous + they All get that Tesla Grin when I punch it.
I also have them look at the MCU screen for the Warp Drive effect just before I launch!
That’s an added touch of excitement LOL

Reactions: Tron 3
My brother has always been the car guy, I was a professional pilot and did airshows and competition aerobatics back in the 90’s, so I was the plane guy. My Raven performance X has better acceleration than any of my aerobatic aircraft, (at various times an Extra 230, Extra 300L, and a Pitts S2B), though I could pull more G’s in the aircraft while maneuvering. So I was very used to the G forces when I bought my X.

It’s how I get my Vitamin “G” nowadays.

My brother owns a hopped up Hellcat with over 800hp, and used to have a BMW 700 series sedan.

After he took one drive in my X (after asking me why I wanted an electric car), he talked me into going down to test drive an S. He promptly traded the BMW in for the S, didn’t even wait to order it, found an inventory car in Atlanta with his specs.

I always tell people who, when they hear I own a Tesla, ask me the FUD questions, I just say “Go drive one, then come back and tell me what you don’t like about it”.

Love the story, however I would caution people in officially.test driving one from Tesla. If you do, you will loose the 7day return window. While this will not be an issue for many since they will be happy with car, it can could come back to bite.

I actually returned my first model 3 purchase due to Tesla not having an engineering solution other than replacing my battery pack (for which they declined to do at the time and my 7 days were running out). My battery pack was 'popping' when it was cold weather and I went over bumps or uneven road surfaces. This was very annoying to me having just spent an inordinate amount of cash on a new luxury vehicle. I returned within 7 days BECAUSE I didn't have a test drive under my belt. The kicker is, I didn't realize the problem until my second day of ownership and would've been a very unhappy customer waiting for Tesla to fix such a big hard problem with design.

I'm now a happy model 3 performance owner with no issues car. I'm glad I doged that engineering/service nightmare I would've endured. It still took 2 more months to get money back (30k was tied up in deposit etc) before I could reorder another car.

Here's to Happy electron burning ;)

Love the story, however I would caution people in officially.test driving one from Tesla. If you do, you will loose the 7day return window.

No, you won't.

Return Policy

7 day return is for anyone as long as:

Car has less than 1000 miles at return time
Car has a valid new car warranty
Car hasn't been submitted for rebates/credits
Is undamaged
Is being returned by original buyer

That's it.
Nothing about if you took a test drive or not.

just so I can accelerate away from them when they change.
While I definitely see the appeal of doing this -- and indeed sometimes still do it when there is no traffic and clear sight lines -- I have had some very startling front-row-seats to impromptu object lessons as to why it's a good idea to make it a general rule not to be the first car to enter an intersection and am generally quite happy to let others be the ones to test for any red-light-runners. Be careful out there, friend!

No, you won't.

Return Policy

7 day return is for anyone as long as:

Car has less than 1000 miles at return time
Car has a valid new car warranty
Car hasn't been submitted for rebates/credits
Is undamaged
Is being returned by original buyer

That's it.
Nothing about if you took a test drive or not.
My apologies for not research the latest on this before posting because you are quite correct...

Tesla changes return policy after Elon Musk’s contradictory tweets

In my case, I had purchased the car (Mar 1, 2019) before policy was clarified officially (for which I missed). When I went to returned my car, they said they wouldn't accept return until they verified I hadn't had an official test drive. At the time, if I had, I would've probably had a battle returning the vehicle.

Thanks correcting me, however, this was a learning experience to make sure I understood the fine print when making any big purchases :S