Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PAST EVENT: Meet-up & Road Trip from Florida House to Historic Green Village

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am interested thanks Larry

Hi Steve,

I sent out a preliminary invitation via evite on this event to gauge interest. You responded that you couldn't make it because it was your birthday. You can suggest another date in the comments field of the evite. In addition, I set up a poll to permit people to suggest another date for this event. If you still have the evite, go to the end of the comments section and click on the "View Older Posts" button. At the beginning of the comments you should see a poll in which you can suggest another Saturday in November.

Larry

Last edited:
I have already responded that Barb and I are planning to attend but I want to mention that I have a 240v/40amp plug for use with a UMC in my garage if anyone needs it.
We're about 3 miles from the Florida House.
PM me to schedule.

By the way, evite is a web-based invitation application that facilitates the RSVP process and counts how many people are likely to attend a function.

So far I have sent an evite just to Southwest Region members to see if we exceed the capacity of these locations that we will be visiting. After most of the Southwest Region RSVPs I intend to send additional invitiations to the other Florida Regions.

If you are a club member in other regions than the Southwest Region, and are interested in attending, please feel free to respond now in this thread.

If you are not a club member, but are Florida Tesla owner who would like to join our Tesla roadtrip, please contact me at [email protected].

Larry

Hi Steve,

I sent out a preliminary invitation via evite on this event to guage interest. You responded that you couldn't make it because it was your birthday. You can suggest another date in the comments field of the evite. In addition, I set up a poll to permit people to suggest another date for this event. If you still have the evite, go to the end of the comments section and click on the "View Older Posts" button. At the beginning of the comments you should see a poll in which you can suggest another Saturday in November.

Larry
oh duh lol okay I didn't realize it was the same as that haha

The Saturday you selected is the day of the FSU v FLA football game in Tallahassee. I know not everyone is a football fan, but this is probably one of the biggest games of the year. I haven't responded to the evite, but will do so.

Please don't interpret my comment as a complaint, as I know it is impossible to consider everyone's plans, affiliations, hobbies, etc. thanks for all of your hard work on this.

The Saturday you selected is the day of the FSU v FLA football game in Tallahassee. I know not everyone is a football fan, but this is probably one of the biggest games of the year. I haven't responded to the evite, but will do so.

Please don't interpret my comment as a complaint, as I know it is impossible to consider everyone's plans, affiliations, hobbies, etc. thanks for all of your hard work on this.

Hi Steve,

Thanks for pointing that out to me.

No offense was taken.

I picked that weekend because I was told that many Snowbirds travel to the Sunshine State following Thanksgiving.

I would like to invite discussion from club members who plan to attend regarding the best date.

There is a poll on the evite invitation. Go to the end of the comments section and click on the "View Older Posts" button. At the beginning of the comments you should see a poll in which you can suggest another Saturday in November. If a Saturday in Novemenber doesn't work for you, you can comment here in this posting and also provide remarks in the evite invitation.

Larry

Road Trip Event is Proceeding

We received a good response to our initial polling invitation to gauge interest so we will be proceeding with this event.

A second final invitation has gone out to three of our club regions requesting a firm RSVP by November 15th. Due to the distance from Sarasota an invitation was not sent to the Panhandle and Northeast Regions of the club, but if there is interest please contact me and I will send you and invitation.

PLEASE NOTE DUE TO CONTRAINTS AT THE RESTAURANT WE HAVE CHANGED THE DATE OF THIS EVENT TO SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 22ND

Here is the text of the current invitation.

The Florida Tesla Enthusiasts club is planning a club meet-up and road trip from Florida House in Sarasota to the Historic Green Village in Anna Maria Island. We previously sent out a polling invitation to gauge interest. Please note that the date has changed.

THIS INVITATION IS FOR A FIRM COMMITMENT.

We will meet-up at the Florida House in the morning at 9:00 am. There we will have breakfast and the staff will provide a presentation discussing the purpose and features of the Florida House. Club member, Andrew Tanner, owner of Region Solar, is gratiously providing the breakfast.

After spending roughly two hours we will line up all the Teslas into a caravan and take a leisurely and scenic drive up Longboat Key to the Historic Green Village. The distance is only about 30 miles, but it should take about an hour to drive.

When we arrive at the Village (at around noon) we will have a tour of the Village campus. Club member Michael Thrasher is a co-founder of the Historic Green Village. After the presentation we will have lunch at the Sandbar Restaurant around 1:00 pm. Each club member will be responsible for their group's food and bar bill.

This is intended to be an all-day event.

Here is the route:

http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=50175&d=1401053678

With regard to charging, the Florida house has two free ChargePoint chargers. There is one free ChargePoint charger at the Historic Green Village. Another charger on Anna Maria Island is located at the Island Shopping Center. Mote Marine is located along the route and it has two chargers. One is a ChargePoint and the other is a High Power Wall Connector. Saint Armand’s Circle is on the route. Two Clipper Creek chargers are located at the Fillmore Parking lot.

WE NEED YOUR RSVP BY NOVEMBER 15TH.

If you are not a club member, but would like to become one and attend this event, please click on the link in my signature.

Larry Chanin
President, Florida Tesla Enthusiasts
[email protected]

- - - Updated - - -

For those of you that are FSU football fans the date of our road trip event has changed to November 22, so it won't be competing with the big FSU vs. Florida Gators game.

However, there will be a game with FSU vs. Boston College Eagles.

Larry

We received a good response to our initial polling invitation to gauge interest so we will be proceeding with this event.

A second final invitation has gone out to three of our club regions requesting a firm RSVP by November 15th. Due to the distance from Sarasota an invitation was not sent to the Panhandle and Northeast Regions of the club, but if there is interest please contact me and I will send you and invitation.

PLEASE NOTE DUE TO CONTRAINTS AT THE RESTAURANT WE HAVE CHANGED THE DATE OF THIS EVENT TO SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 22ND

Here is the text of the current invitation.

If you are not a club member, but would like to become one and attend this event, please click on the link in my signature.

Larry Chanin
President, Florida Tesla Enthusiasts
[email protected]

- - - Updated - - -

For those of you that are FSU football fans the date of our road trip event has changed to November 22, so it won't be competing with the big FSU vs. Florida Gators game.

However, there will be a game with FSU vs. Boston College Eagles.

Larry

Larry,

Thanks for for the effort, but I'm also going to be at the BC game, on the way to spend Thanksgiving with my 98 yr old grandmother in Panama City. Gonna leave the Tesla at home, as we will need all of our tailgate gear for the Florida game. If there are any forum members that plan to be at either game, please stop by and say hello. We are in Lot 4, space number 235.

i hate to miss your event, but am sure there will be more in the future.

Have fun!

Our Road Trip from Florida House to the Historic Green Village was very well-attended. Over 40 people joined us for breakfast at the Florida House and some presentations, a pleasant silent caravan up beautiful Longboat Key to the Historic Green Village, a presentation and then to the Sandbar Restaurant on the water for a tasty lunch.

Here's some photos.

Florida House Chargers and Canopy.jpg

The Florida House has two J1772 30 amp chargers under a canopy. They are currently free.
We are working with Tesla to get them a High Power Wall Connector.

Breakfast at Florida House.jpg

Breakfast at the Florida House was provided by club member Andrew Tanner, president of Region Solar and a board member of Florida House.

Andrew Tanner at Florida House.jpg

Andrew Tanner introduces speakers to a nice sized group of club members.

John Lambie Executive Director Florida House.jpg

John Lambie, Executive Director of Florida House explains the purpose to the Learning Center.

Florida House Institute Future by Design.jpg

Florida House Institute, Future by Design.

Teslas at Florida House.jpg

We estimate that we had more than 20 Model Ss.

Teslas as far as the eye can see.jpg

Teslas as far as the eye can see... (My limited photographic skills didn't permit me to get all of them in the photo. :redface: )

Larry

Last edited:
Here's some more photos.

Historic Green Village.jpg

At the Historic Green Village consultant Tom Stockebrand provided a presentation.

Tom Stockebrand at Green Village.jpg

Tom is a real pioneer in EV avocacy having built his own EV many years ago.
He also bears a resemblance to Doc Brown in Back to the Future both in appearance and mannerisms. :wink:

Green Village Solar.jpg

Both the Florida House and the Historic Green Village have the distinction of having a zero energy footprint meaning on the average they produce as much energy as they use.
Here at the Green Village is one of their photovoltaic arrays.

Sandbar Restaurant.jpg

You can see we had a pretty good crowd at the Sandbar Restaurant.
It's a beautiful place with their own beach front right on the water.

Mike Thrasher.jpg

Club member Mike Thrasher is one of the co-founders of the Historic Green Village. Here he models one of our club shirts.
He designed the club logo and has been coordinating in ordering the first batches of club shirts.

Sandbar parking.jpg

Mike arranged for reserved parking at the Sandbar restaurant just for our club members.

Larry