Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Paying from multiple accounts - has anyone done this?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got the vin and a delivery date. Now to pay for the car...

My plan was to wire the funds. However the funds are in different accounts (schwab, wells fargo, etrade). I could transfer funds from one account to another but the transferred money has to sit in the account for several days before it can be wired to tesla. I may not have enough time to do this.

Has anyone paid for a car using multiple wired funds? Any problems or issues?

I'm wondering about transfers and timing right now, too. I'm curious, how did this work out?

I decided to just move the money from various accounts (wells fargo checking, e-trade brokerage, schwab ira) all into my schwab brokerage account. This took about 2 days for the funds to clear (Wells Fargo to schwab).

From there, I wired the funds to Tesla's bank account (from within my schwab brokerage account). In less than 10 minutes, Tesla showed the car was paid in full.

I would not try multiple payments to Tesla. I was a bit nervous with wiring the money but it was super easy. Just make sure you follow the Tesla's wiring instructions exactly.

I decided to just move the money from various accounts (wells fargo checking, e-trade brokerage, schwab ira) all into my schwab brokerage account. This took about 2 days for the funds to clear (Wells Fargo to schwab).

From there, I wired the funds to Tesla's bank account (from within my schwab brokerage account). In less than 10 minutes, Tesla showed the car was paid in full.

I would not try multiple payments to Tesla. I was a bit nervous with wiring the money but it was super easy. Just make sure you follow the Tesla's wiring instructions exactly.

Thanks for the advice! Since I asked earlier today I now have a VIN and a narrower estimated delivery range. I was afraid it might show up out of nowhere one day and I wouldn’t be ready, but it looks like I will have a week or two, so plenty of time to transfer funds into one account.