Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Paying in full question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My model Y delivery center is Mt. Kisco, NY. I plan to pay in full. A Tesla sales person in Mt. Kisco told me the best way to pay in full is electronic funds transfer.

Given ‘no touch delivery’ procedures, will I be able to inspect the car prior to wiring $60,000+ to Tesla?

The following, not likely, but possible scenario frightens me:

1. I am required to wire the full payment to Tesla before I have a chance to seriously inspect the car.
AND
2. There are so many serious quality issues that I do not want to take delivery.
Does anyone know how this is currently working?

I unwittingly paid my balance in full as I was only trying to set up my bank for final payment, but Tesla took the money anyway. I talked to my SA and she said if I reject the car I can apply for a refund. Car is stuck in Chicago waiting for a truck to deliver it to Dedham MA. Estimated delivery is now June 25th, 5 days later than the original deal day. Fingers crossed that car is perfect or worst case a minor due bill.

I was told by a tesla rep when we set up the delivery a personal check would be permitted when I spoke to Mt Kisco they wanted a bank check or wire transfer . I explained we were bringing a personal check as indicated on the internet and in a personal conversation with the delivery set up person.

Reactions: vjcinajr
I was told by a tesla rep when we set up the delivery a personal check would be permitted when I spoke to Mt Kisco they wanted a bank check or wire transfer . I explained we were bringing a personal check as indicated on the internet and in a personal conversation with the delivery set up person.
I heard from someone else that Mt. Kisco did accept their personal check.