Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Paying Tesla bill in two countries (USA & Canada)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@seangoggin Yeah, I was going to say, every credit card I've ever heard of has this built in. If you go to another country, you don't have to open a credit card account in that country. VISA and Mastercard are accepted internationally in most countries, and the banks who hold the credit card account always just do the currency conversion internally within their own systems, so we don't have to think about it.

@seangoggin Yeah, I was going to say, every credit card I've ever heard of has this built in. If you go to another country, you don't have to open a credit card account in that country. VISA and Mastercard are accepted internationally in most countries, and the banks who hold the credit card account always just do the currency conversion internally within their own systems, so we don't have to think about it.
The problem with currency conversion is that most cards charge an extra 2-3% on top of the exchange rate. If it’s just a one day excursion it really doesn’t matter but we spend all winter in Florida