Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Payment Before Delivery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I have completed everthing, have a VIN, and just need to get insurance and a final payment to be made. I figured I would just bring a check during delivery, but want to make sure tesla is not waiting on a payment before they actually schedule a delivery date for the car. Delivery is in NY if that makes a difference.

So I have completed everthing, have a VIN, and just need to get insurance and a final payment to be made. I figured I would just bring a check during delivery, but want to make sure tesla is not waiting on a payment before they actually schedule a delivery date for the car. Delivery is in NY if that makes a difference.
Brother, when did you get a VIN assigned? Which SC are you taking delivery? I’ve been idled for 2 weeks since the last text from Tesla.

If NY can't do.direct sales then you will need to make the full payment b4 they can even ship it. Least that's how it is in Texas with no direct sales
I’m in Texas too. So example say they are asking for payment today but delivery date isn’t till the 31st. Do u still go ahead and do payment or wait till closer. ( I don’t have a delivery email yet just asking upfront)

I’m in Texas too. So example say they are asking for payment today but delivery date isn’t till the 31st. Do u still go ahead and do payment or wait till closer. ( I don’t have a delivery email yet just asking upfront)

With my M3 in Louisiana, I had to complete the payment before the vehicle began to move from Fremont. Louisiana law prohibits Tesla from doing direct sales here.

I believe in Texas it is a completely out-of-state transaction. Since tesla doesn't have any dealers in TX, they aren't allowed to handle any money, have inventory for sale, or do any of the usual things a dealer might. Can make it interesting when trying to get a tag apparently, especially if you're from a third state. The entire transaction has to be completed before the car even crosses TX state lines. TX is very hostile toward direct-to-consumer auto sales, they've even had a handful of bills that sought to limit tesla's ability to service vehicles or sell parts in state.

Tesla US dealership disputes - Wikipedia

This outlines a lot of the issues state by state.
Tesla US dealership disputes - Wikipedia

Hmm says this for New york

In 2014, New York banned direct sales but grandfathered in five Tesla stores.[107][108] Tesla operates two galleries in addition to its five stores.

So which stores are grandfathered? Im getting delivery in Mt Kisco, so is that one of them and is the grandfathered part include direct sales or just the stores didn't have to close down?

I cant get in touch with anyone regarding this...Mt Kisco goes straight to voice mail and no replies to email....