Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Peak Output Show Off

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It seems like the best g readings I got took place while going steeply downhill pell-mell.

So I'd guess 1, but try it and let us know! ;)

It sounds crazy, I know, but when we had a test drive, we were zooming about here and there's a steep hill near our house. At one point after I'd done a pretty cool hill climb, the Tesla rep said to me "look there, you got close to one gee" (pointing at screen). I recall looking at the screen, seeing point nine something and saying "uh-huh".

Looking here at you guys, I see that "point nine something" is either impossible or his car was tweaked. Now this was my first ride in a Roadster, so maybe the Tesla Madness had turned my brain to mush. This was nominally a 2.5 Sport but it was from the NY showroom and had some mods in it plus a few features missing/disabled.

I'll do some experiments of course when we get our 2.5 Regular but I'll stop short (ha ha) of driving over Englewood Cliffs. Hopefully.

Okay, got my iPhone back and was able to replicate yesterday's run. Driver 200 lbs., non-sport 2.5, TC engaged, charged with standard mode 110V/15A, 150 ideal miles left, driving at night on flat, dry pavement in performance mode.

output.png