Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pearl White

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
White Model 3 owners... the color on my model 3 is pearl white, but open doors or trunks, and the color is pure white. Anyone else notice that? Not a big deal, just odd. Seems the 'dip' is a pure white, but they must spray a topical pearl white at some point after.

Also noticed that 1/2 of the bolts that hold the doors on are white; the other 1/2 are black.

Attachments

• IMG_1389.JPG
    IMG_1389.JPG
    89.8 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_1390.JPG
    IMG_1390.JPG
    79.2 KB · Views: 138
White Model 3 owners... the color on my model 3 is pearl white, but open doors or trunks, and the color is pure white. Anyone else notice that? Not a big deal, just odd. Seems the 'dip' is a pure white, but they must spray a topical pearl white at some point after.

Also noticed that 1/2 of the bolts that hold the doors on are white; the other 1/2 are black.

Lol god they are cheap.

• Funny
Reactions: SJC3 and P85_DA
I remember taking a factory tour back in 2014. They were going on and on about how much time and care goes into pearl white and multi-coat red. I can see how easy it is to skip the last 4 steps on the parts of the car that aren’t seen. Must save at least half an hour per car...

Mine has pure white inside doors, under hood. normal for a pearl white paint job (from what I've seen) the black bolts maybe more adjustments require black to minimize wear? (mine is same) The white bolts were all marred up from adjustments - I used regular white t/u paint and they are perfect again.