Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pedal Monitor Warning

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Snax

InstantKarma
Jul 8, 2022
VA
Pedal Monitor Warning alert...
Has anyone seen this warning in the service menu?
I just picked up my car from service (air spring repair) and found this new alert...
"Pedal Monitor Warning. DAS CAN node is missing".
20230220_172455.jpg

I'm worrying that if service centers get too many service visits for "errors" that car owners reveal in Service, and that really aren't a concern (like a timing problem where the device is just slow to come online, but does come online OK), that a real password will be placed to block us from the Service function. I find the information in Service useful. Look at your computer's warning and error logs and you will panic.

Upvote 0
Update for anyone interested... I brought my car in for service on the PMw_041 alert.
The tech and service advisor had never heard of it before and needed to research it. Service concluded that it is a 'random software occurrence' that has no know impact on the safety or operation of my Model S. The alert is specific to the DAS-driver alert systems category which controls software functionality for cameras, radar and any other driver assist sensor system. My software is up to date and nothing is missing that impacts the vehicle. This Alert can be ignored and will eventually disappear with future software updates. If anyone finds out anything different, please let me know.

Upvote 0
Update for anyone interested... I brought my car in for service on the PMw_041 alert.
The tech and service advisor had never heard of it before and needed to research it. Service concluded that it is a 'random software occurrence' that has no know impact on the safety or operation of my Model S. The alert is specific to the DAS-driver alert systems category which controls software functionality for cameras, radar and any other driver assist sensor system. My software is up to date and nothing is missing that impacts the vehicle. This Alert can be ignored and will eventually disappear with future software updates. If anyone finds out anything different, please let me know.
"Random software occurrence"...lol @Snax Thanks for closing the loop on this.

Reactions: Snax
Upvote 0
I have it too but my car is a brick 🧱.. my autopilot ECU has been disabled so I have literally no use of anything except for driving manually, no cruise control, no auto screen brightness, no auto anything! I’ve hired a lemon lawyer as I’ve already been through 2 autopilot computers in my 2021 M3 Performance

• Informative
Reactions: scottf200
Upvote 0
PM MIA error, with no accompanying user-facing alerts (as in, you see them when not in service mode) is just the result of Tesla being lazy and isn't actually an error to care about.

They've just changed some autopilot messages (across the board, AP1 to present) to match the format of what's expected by the MCU for newer visualizations.... and didn't bother to update code on some other modules, such as the pedal monitor, to understand this. So it doesn't see a message it can interpret, and assumes the DAS module is borked.

Fortunately this has no impact on anything, which is why Tesla probably hasn't bothered updating the PM code.

Upvote 0
PM MIA error, with no accompanying user-facing alerts (as in, you see them when not in service mode) is just the result of Tesla being lazy and isn't actually an error to care about.

They've just changed some autopilot messages (across the board, AP1 to present) to match the format of what's expected by the MCU for newer visualizations.... and didn't bother to update code on some other modules, such as the pedal monitor, to understand this. So it doesn't see a message it can interpret, and assumes the DAS module is borked.

Fortunately this has no impact on anything, which is why Tesla probably hasn't bothered updating the PM code.
My AP computer is still fried

Upvote 0
my model x also shows this error. plus the radar should be calibrated. Tesla service couldn't calibrate it, but they paid me 150 usd for labor. I bought a new radar, but it didn't work. Mcu 2 AP3 is in the car, but still the old radar.

Attachments

• IMG_20230704_014619.jpg
    IMG_20230704_014619.jpg
    588 KB · Views: 111
Upvote 0