Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pedal Monitor Warning

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Snax

InstantKarma
Jul 8, 2022
VA
Pedal Monitor Warning alert...
Has anyone seen this warning in the service menu?
I just picked up my car from service (air spring repair) and found this new alert...
"Pedal Monitor Warning. DAS CAN node is missing".
20230220_172455.jpg

2020 MSLR here. I had PM_w041_dasMIA consistently for the past year+. It stays in the “Active Alerts” section. “Nothing to worry about” is not a good answer because the first thing any subsequent buyer would look at it the “Active Alerts” screen. If it is really nothing then it should not be there :)

Upvote 0
2020 MSLR here. I had PM_w041_dasMIA consistently for the past year+. It stays in the “Active Alerts” section. “Nothing to worry about” is not a good answer because the first thing any subsequent buyer would look at it the “Active Alerts” screen. If it is really nothing then it should not be there :)
Look at your home computer's log sometime and see the number of errors and warnings reported, yet your computer runs fine. Just like your home computer, your will be notified in a normal way when there is a problem you need to address. Sure, check the service menu and keep track of any changes, but don't call service.

Here is what happened earlier this year to @Noahweb with this exact error:
"Tesla said it wasn’t anything to worry about. Though I broke my leg and had to cancel the service appointment before they could physically see the car. Their input was based on remote scan."

Reactions: Noahweb
Upvote 0
Maybe I am really old school but I have been trained not to ignore permanent errors. Either the system or software needs a fix. When you actually see a problem it may be too late. Would you ignore disk I/O errors until the disk go completely offline?!

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I have an issue with ACC and Autopilot on a mod S75D after Tesla upgraded the side repeater cameras Car drives fine but the AP and ACC is unavailable. The only alert is in Service mode PM_w041_dasMIA , I have MCU2
and 2024.8.9 software. Tesla will look into this
but they said this was not a known problem to them.

Attachments

• IMG_1771.jpeg
    IMG_1771.jpeg
    751.8 KB · Views: 2
Upvote 0