Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pedestrian Warning System - Arrived in UK yet?

VanillaAir_UK

Jun 17, 2019
Surrey, UK
I took at look at this a while ago on my Sep 19 delivered M3. The leads are in place but not the speaker.

Thats promising. What VIN? We were delivered late Sep 2019 although I think we came a slightly unorthodox route overland via train. We have the grille but I've not delved any further. This is an option that I would like to retrofit.

mpandrew

Sep 23, 2019
Somerset, UK
Thats promising. What VIN? We were delivered late Sep 2019 although I think we came a slightly unorthodox route overland via train. We have the grille but I've not delved any further. This is an option that I would like to retrofit.
...EB9KF527xxx. It's 2 mins to look, I'd be very surprised if your car didn't have it. Turn the wheels full left, remove three/four of the quick release plastic studs in the wheel arch liner and you'll find the lead in there, mine was tucked out of the way but not especially carefully.

• Informative
Reactions: VanillaAir_UK

M3noob

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2019
Beyond the pale
Thats a bit later than ours (490xxx) but thanks for pointing out where to look. The fact its got the grill is a positive sign but I'm sure someone said that theirs didn't have any wiring so will need to check.

Just roll the windows down and play Aerosmith "Love in an Elevator" (lift) ;-)

Empato

Aug 10, 2020
Scotland
From what I've seen on YouTube I'm glad it isn't activated on my car. I just hope it doesn't get activated either via software update. I get that you can unplug it, but I'd rather not start messing with bits of trim.

Reactions: M3noob and Neilio

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC