TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

PEM 185

Discussion in 'Roadster: Technical' started by Msjulie, Sep 10, 2016.

1. Msjulie

Msjulie Member

Still a Roadster novice here - I've seen some PEM covers have 185 (mine), some have Sport (seems obvious). What other covers are they and what do they mean exactly? I know 2.0 and 2.5 cars are different - is there documentation on the specifics on that part?

Just curious

thanks

2. wiztecy

wiztecy Active Member

PEM185:
    The efficiency and integration of the battery, PEM and motor systems is between 85 and 95 percent, allowing the motor to put out up to 185 kW of power.

How the Tesla Roadster Works

3. Msjulie

Msjulie Member

4. DeedWest

DeedWest 2011 Roadster 2.5 Sport #1438

Roadster 1.5 models have PEM185 on their PEM's, while 2.0/2.5 cars either have a basic Tesla logo, or a Roadster Sport badge if they are a Sport. To my knowledge, these are the only variations of logos on PEM's.

• Informative x 1
  5. wiztecy

wiztecy Active Member

And some 2.0 non-sport PEMS were replaced under warranty with Sport PEMS (programed as non-sport), so the badging may be off there on a few....

6. gregd

gregd Member

Yep. #834 is like that. I asked about the difference between the sport and non-sport PEMs, and as you say it's just a matter of the firmware. They said they could re-badge the PEM if I want, which I will probably do at the next service.

7. wiztecy

wiztecy Active Member

Ment to say 2.x non-sport PEMS....