Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Performance" easter egg on model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

I recall that there was an egg on the model S/X awhile ago that allowed higher trim models to emulate the lower trims - mostly there, I think, for the showrooms to be able to show off all levels of the car w/o stocking all of them.

I'm considering swapping my S75D for a non-P AWD3, and got to test drive the RWD and performance 3, but not the AWD.
I definitely wouldn't trade my 75 for the RWD, and the P-3 was definitely worth trading for, but I'm not budgeted for the P-3... So the only power level of the car I couldn't test is the one I'd get, which my showroom didn't have.

I asked a few employees about putting it into simulated non-p mode, and they had no idea what I was talking about, and I didn't think to search for the egg to try it to see if it would work. The internet is not helpful with whether or not it would work on the 3 as well.

Anyone know for sure?

Thanks

Hi all,

I recall that there was an egg on the model S/X awhile ago that allowed higher trim models to emulate the lower trims - mostly there, I think, for the showrooms to be able to show off all levels of the car w/o stocking all of them.

I'm considering swapping my S75D for a non-P AWD3, and got to test drive the RWD and performance 3, but not the AWD.
I definitely wouldn't trade my 75 for the RWD, and the P-3 was definitely worth trading for, but I'm not budgeted for the P-3... So the only power level of the car I couldn't test is the one I'd get, which my showroom didn't have.

I asked a few employees about putting it into simulated non-p mode, and they had no idea what I was talking about, and I didn't think to search for the egg to try it to see if it would work. The internet is not helpful with whether or not it would work on the 3 as well.

Anyone know for sure?

Thanks

I don't think that you will find that much difference in the RWD and AWD non-P versions. Was the RWD not enough for you but the P AWD too much?

• Disagree
Reactions: SoCalGuy
I was able to enter the performance code in an AWD Model 3 in a showroom yesterday. The only option that came up was “70” and “Max”. Just tried it in my Performance Model 3 hoping to get “70”, “70D” and “Max” but nothing came up. Maybe if it’s in showroom mode?