Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Model 3 Snow Tires/Rims

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
UPDATE: TireRack revised their rings for the P3d+. I received the revised rings from TireRack yesterday. Mesured them with a digital caliper and the ID is bigger than the original ones sent. Pretty confident there shouldn’t be any issues slipping them on anymore. Hoping to test fit the new rings this weekend.

Awesome!!! Keep us posted ! I'm planning on ordering from them soon

I have been reading all the forms, but still see one thing not addressed.

The 18" TST, the clearance looks tiny (1/2"?). I know it fits, but do people have concerns? I talked to my trusted tire person and he had some concerns and said just go to 19"; I'd prefer 18". My concern is if a rock or something gets jammed in there, that's potential for some serious damage or a wheel locking up.

Thoughts?

I emailed Tsportline yesterday about 18” shipments. They expect to ship second week of November.
I spoke to them earlier this week and now they are saying the 18” rims won’t ship until mid to late November. I am stuck here in Michigan with a car I can’t drive with snow on the roads and temperatures in the upper 20’s. My patience is getting thin as the date for delivery keeps getting pushed back. I prefer the T-sportline 18” rims, but I can’t risk more delays and will soon need to go with Tire Rack instead. @Tsportline - can we get some clarity regarding the status of when the 18” rims will be back in stock and shipping?

Reactions: UltralightBeam
Awesome!!! Keep us posted ! I'm planning on ordering from them soon

Revised hubcentric rings from TireRack for the p3d+ are perfect! Slide on nice but still snug that there isn’t any play. Tolerance on the original ones were just too tight. Winter set is ready to go on in a couple weeks.

AC774B1C-806B-4FBD-A0D1-8C7B3D72C19D.jpeg

Thanks for reposting. I really do like how those look. You happy with them?

I haven’t used them yet. Waiting another couple weeks so I don’t wear down the blizzaks. Only thing i would change...especially using as a winter set...is that they are 9”. 8.5” would be better suited for winter since you want to run a narrower tire. But otherwise they’re great. They’re flow formed which the 19” tst isn’t, so they’re lighter and cheaper than the 19” tst.

@N54TT - I was going to order them, but it looks like TireRack only has 2 left. Oh well, back to TSTs...

They were low in stock when I ordered weeks ago. Looks like the black is in stock though.

C71F9438-4B87-4AE8-B423-69230A49F157.jpeg
8FD609F2-7040-48D5-A885-249A9186324B.jpeg
I am running TSW Chicane wheels with Blizzak LM 001 tires. The centering rings needed to be shorter longitudinally, but we were able to cut them down. I am running them without the rings right now and will add them later. They didn’t believe me when I told them about the lip issue. I might just give TSW a call and see if they have new rings for this now.

Tires a bit noisier than stock, but just barely noticeable. So far with the small amount of snow we have had it has performed very well.

Reactions: DrDabbles
For my performance+ model3 I ordered the TSportOnline 18s with winter tires the 2nd week of October, they charged my credit card immediately. They've never sent me an update, no offer to switch to 19s. Just crickets.
Really great price for a winter set but at what point do I start over with some other solution?
Their continual "2 more weeks for sure" stories reported here (end of Oct, mid-Nov, end of Nov, ??) are not inspiring confidence in me.
In the mean time, it looks like I can get winter package 20s direct from Tesla now.
So frustrating.

I ordered their 19 inch
For my performance+ model3 I ordered the TSportOnline 18s with winter tires the 2nd week of October, they charged my credit card immediately. They've never sent me an update, no offer to switch to 19s. Just crickets.
Really great price for a winter set but at what point do I start over with some other solution?
Their continual "2 more weeks for sure" stories reported here (end of Oct, mid-Nov, end of Nov, ??) are not inspiring confidence in me.
In the mean time, it looks like I can get winter package 20s direct from Tesla now.
So frustrating.

I ordered their 19 instead because I could not wait any longer. Their is snow on the ground in Minnesota.

4E640678-A2D7-4CE7-AD26-70A37FCAA478.png
The level of incompetence at Tesla when it comes to winter tires for the performance Model 3 goes in and keeeps on giving.

Here is the set they advertise on their web site: they finally split the 20’s Michelin racing tire set from the winter set. They now advertise the 20’s winter wheel with a 19’ sottozero 2. Let’s see how long it takes them to fix that!

• Funny
Reactions: ChicagoP3D
View attachment 351607 View attachment 351608 I am running TSW Chicane wheels with Blizzak LM 001 tires. The centering rings needed to be shorter longitudinally, but we were able to cut them down. I am running them without the rings right now and will add them later. They didn’t believe me when I told them about the lip issue. I might just give TSW a call and see if they have new rings for this now.

Tires a bit noisier than stock, but just barely noticeable. So far with the small amount of snow we have had it has performed very well.
Did you go with the 19x 8.5 or 19x9.5?

So frustrating.

And the thing is.. if someone makes a post about wheels that fit the PM3, they’re so quick to shill their wheels and show that the 18” fits over the brake kit linking their videos etc. I bet too that once they start shipping to us, they’ll have a Black Friday sale for new purchases.