Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Model 3 with 21" or 22" wheels?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone have 21" or 22" wheels on a Model 3 performance? Or have you atleast thought about it? I like my aftermarket Vossen 20" wheels, but there is still a gap between the wheels and the bumper and I dont want to lower the suspension further as it is low enough for me to get in and get out on a daily basis, hence was thinking of larger diameter wheels. I know it would affect the range further and perhaps ride quality too, but was just curious to see if anyone has tried this.

It's not just a hit on the range and ride quality, there are potential fitment issues with the suspension components if the inner part of the wheel rim extends too far inside due to offset changes.

Play around with the numbers of standard/your current Vossen Wheels and what you'd like to go to on a fitment guide like this one:
Will They Fit - Online Wheel and Tyre Fitment Calculator

I'm sure there are some companies out there willing to work with you to put aftermarket wheels larger than 20", but you might regret it when you run over a decent sized pothole at speed.

Reactions: hoang51 and hdAge
Thanks, the Fitment calculator does seem to give some general info on the wheel's proximity to the suspension strut etc. Having said that it is just theory and I want to know if anyone has managed to install larger diameter rims. For instance when I was shopping for tires and wheels, I was told I could not go more than 275 wide on the rear tire, but I did go 285 and have about 3500 miles so far, have not seen any issues on driving stability, potholes etc. So I'm looking for to see if anyone has some practical tests on larger diameter rims, if not I will have to try it myself :)

Does anyone have 21" or 22" wheels on a Model 3 performance? Or have you atleast thought about it? I like my aftermarket Vossen 20" wheels, but there is still a gap between the wheels and the bumper and I dont want to lower the suspension further as it is low enough for me to get in and get out on a daily basis, hence was thinking of larger diameter wheels. I know it would affect the range further and perhaps ride quality too, but was just curious to see if anyone has tried this.
Hi, did you ever get any solid feedback from anyone who’d gone with a 21” set? I am tempted to go that route with my P3D- but the vendors can’t be sure they won’t rub...