Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance "Plus" Option?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
fair enough. But should you have to pay for such control? Would you?
We did when we purchased the performance model Y. When I purchased my MYP it was with the understanding that track mode was "coming soon".

Keith

PS: Yes, tweets are not legally binding... but making promises and then asking for more $$$ to fulfill them would be above and beyond dick behavior.

Reactions: Undecided_2
in the Ionic thread he claimed to be on WL for the 'CT for me & Lyriq for my wife.' But here it's now the Polestar3 for his wife? Or could be both - the best thing one can do for non Teslas is get on a lot of lists.

I have a deposit on both the CT & the Lyriq. I jumped on a list for the PS3 yesterday. The CT is my favorite but for various reasons is almost certainly the one I'll be cancelling.

I am shopping a lot and plan to purchase two EVs but as you know, nothing is actually available at the moment.

The reality is that we were talking about wheels/ brakes/ and suspension, something I know a fair bit about having tracked some cars and won some motorcycle road races.

The second reality is that Tesla owners are hardcore fanboys, to the extreme in fact. all throughout this website, and I've followed quite a few enthusiasts websites in my years, you see Tesla owners denying, forgiving, overlooking, so many shortcomings with these products. Ride quality, built quality, built dates, no proper brake blending with the regen, constant price increases, previous orders getting shuffled, insane repair costs out of pocket, crazy cheap interiors, cheap ass wheels on a performance car and calling them 'great', insanely high performance pack prices for hardly anything, etc...

It just goes on and on. This is definitely a website where speaking truth, results in a lot of name calling and attacks from 99% of Tesla owners. There are a handful that call it like they see it.

It's fine, I don't take any of it personally. However, Tesla owners are beginning to earn a reputation of having smug snotty personalities, and it looks to be well deserved in some cases.

You can get on any other enthusiast website and right next to the people that love their new XXX you will also read about all the legitimate complaints and problems and no one attacks them for it. In fact most want to learn about others experiences. No one on those forums gets personally offended when strange problems or shortcomings are brought about about plastic & metal vehicles.

Last edited:
there is a difference between Tesla owners who rationalize away faults, and the Tesla owners that raise complaints, and then you.

The first two groups actually actually drive the cars in question. Your arguments are based on.....youtube videos? Yet you want to make authoritative arguments despite having no 1st hand data. That's the trollish aspect. And when you act that way, you don't get to whine about Tesla owners as the smug and snotty ones. You reap what you sow.

fair enough. But should you have to pay for such control? Would you?
I'd gladly pay for it as an additional add on, Those who just want the standard Performance can simply forgo it. Also, to say "this is the wrong car" for Performance + is kind of silly. The Performance CUV segment is one of, if not the fastest growing segment out there right now.

Reactions: Ruffles
I'd gladly pay for it as an additional add on, Those who just want the standard Performance can simply forgo it. Also, to say "this is the wrong car" for Performance + is kind of silly. The Performance CUV segment is one of, if not the fastest growing segment out there right now.
I think if you want to take the Y to the track, you should have gotten the 3 instead. Not the same as wanting full control over these functions.

I bought AB for my MY and I’ll happily pay again for more overtaking power! I’ve ordered a MYP which won’t come until 2023 (U.K.) so I’m researching suspension options that I could transfer to the MYP.

IMO if I was doing a track day, M3P would my choice and I’ll pay for an overboost/plus power bump. The Y would be fun but it doesn’t handle like the M3.