Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

performance upgrade $$$$$ 1 sec

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
so you are saying the Model 3 75kWh pack has a 33% higher discharge C rate compared to the 100kWh pack in the model S. Essentially providing equivalent power?

NO! I am just asking , but i know the 75 pack is more than 75 in fact!!! everything is lock by the software...that why i say in the beginning of this tread the upgrade is coming... probably half a seconf for the performance model 3.2 to 2.7 sec but we all know that will be maybe more than that because some people make already high 2.9 !! so my guess is a reel 2.7 :D

NO! I am just asking , but i know the 75 pack is more than 75 in fact!!! everything is lock by the software...

Based upon what evidence do you "know" this?

I ask because folks who've physically broken down the pack don't agree with you.

(unless you are counting the tiny amount of buffer the lock out, meaning the pack is "really" like 77-78 kwh instead of 75)

Also- Elon debunked the larger-pack Model 3 (or Y)

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1272856252003921921

Based upon what evidence do you "know" this?

I ask because folks who've physically broken down the pack don't agree with you.

(unless you are counting the tiny amount of buffer the lock out, meaning the pack is "really" like 77-78 kwh instead of 75)

Also- Elon debunked the larger-pack Model 3 (or Y)

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1272856252003921921

EXACTLY! the already pack is strong enough to give us a .5 sec more

so you are saying the Model 3 75kWh pack has a 33% higher discharge C rate compared to the 100kWh pack in the model S. Essentially providing equivalent power?
I actually believe that model 3 pack can give similar power as 100kwh model s. But that doesn't mean motors, invertors, relays can do that as well. And from what we already know about speed of degradation - making similar power as P100D would be impacting warranty cost too much. Except you don't need similar power since the weight is lower.

What potentially can be done is improvements on dealing with low rpm permanent magnet motor torque ripples. That can bring model 3 0-60 timings significantly down.

But it won't happen before upgrade of Model S - faster 0-60 is what convinces a lot of people in favor of Model S.

Model S can't come too close to Roadster 0-60 even if it can. Must have 0.3-0.4 distance between each class.

And Roadster without thrusters is pretty much defined by the limit of acceleration of Michelin Cup 2S. Unless they artificially keep it from doing that to give SpaceX package more advantage.

Anyway, none of that would matter on a track, but most people never going to go there anyway, so it's all just fancy numbers to discuss...

Reactions: Rick71