Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance vs AWD 0-60 Side-By-Side Video

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Gar! Why couldn't the Teslanomics guy have included a AWD in the comparison test to make it definitive?
Also how can you possibly run a test like this and not even mention what the state of charge of the cars is?

I hope my AWD Vin gets assigned soon. I don't need a P3D, but damn do I want one.
Because he seems to think his reaction time has something to do with his ET....

Well crap. I was scheduled to get to drive a awd and performance back to back today and then just got a call 2 hours before the appointment that they no longer have the awd model anymore. Sigh this was supposed to help me put the decision between them to bed.

In the meantime this guy's comments have helped me stay responsible

Once I get mine I will make a video right away, delivery center is in industrial area.... already got my draggy ;)

4/1/2016 Reservation
6/6/2018 Configured LR, PUP, WHITE, EAP, 18" Aeros
6/11/2018 Added FSD
6/27/2018 Changed to Dual Motor and Multi Stage White Paint (it was $500 more this time)
7/23/2018 Change to White Interior

Anyone testing a P can set the software on the TS to drive like a non-P to see the difference.
It sounds like you're making an assertion here, and this thread is in a Model 3 section. I seen anyone claim (much less prove it) that the "Performance" 'easter egg' is present in Model 3's firmware like it was for S and X. I would like to see that.

Also, in Model S the presence, options, and function of that UI was, um, "finicky". On my S P85D (before and after surgery), the UI wasn't nearly as useful as I thought it might be. I haven't tried it on the S P100D.

It sounds like you're making an assertion here, and this thread is in a Model 3 section. I seen anyone claim (much less prove it) that the "Performance" 'easter egg' is present in Model 3's firmware like it was for S and X. I would like to see that.

Also, in Model S the presence, options, and function of that UI was, um, "finicky". On my S P85D (before and after surgery), the UI wasn't nearly as useful as I thought it might be. I haven't tried it on the S P100D.

I stand corrected, ignorant sales guy(s) said they had this option on the 3 for testing. This is only on S cars not on the 3. I drove a P the other day that had 5% SOC, crazy how fast it was at such a low level.

I don't really trust using numbers from someone's cell phone app or the in car digital display.

I can't wait for an actual drag race.

My deciding factor really comes down to the trying to decide between a solid go-cart like car, or a great go-cart like car.

I do tend to like go-cart type cars (like a Porsche Cayman) where I sacrifice comfort for handling. The P version is a $15K question because I don't think I'll get it without the performance package (or spending that money on after market stuff).

Don't get the white seats they are softer than the black which are already kinda mushy. Really poor choice on this car.

Don't get the white seats they are softer than the black which are already kinda mushy. Really poor choice on this car.

The next-gen seats I have right now in my Model S I really like. They have the "hug your sides a bit" feeling to them while taking a fast corner.

I didn't particularly like or dislike the black seats of the Model 3 that I sat in. They were pretty much the definition of meh.

I haven't sat in a Model 3 with white seats. Some reviewers have said that they're better than Volvo seats (which are considered the best in the industry).

I personally prefer adjustable seats like Porsche has where you can adjust the side booster support. But, Tesla doesn't offer it.

I also like adjustable suspension like what Porsche has, but Tesla doesn't offer this either.

I don't know if there really is a perfect seat for this car. It's both a track capable performance type car, but also a car for long distance travel. Obviously I'm going to prefer something more forgiving for that.

Another day with no VIN, another day with me spending my free time considering how to justify upgrading to the performance version.

This wait is exhausting. I reserved in November of last year, configured in June, I probably have 6-8 weeks of this daily routine to look forward to.