Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance vs AWD 0-60 Side-By-Side Video

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The motor is not the constraint. It is the battery, and the discharge rate the inverter can handle. I don't know precisely how the math's work out but I have seen 1200A discharge rate listed for the AWD/P models from developer mode. I highly doubt 1700hp is possible with the current electronics and battery size of the 3.

Link to this teardown video you speak of?

There's 322 miles in the P3D+ now?

I don't think that
There is a video of the P3D motor being torn independently apart and could easily handle 1000hp with minimal effect on longevity and close to 1700HP. They are nerfed for warranty safety and not to overshadow the Model S ! Easily an L mode could be added !

Right.

Reactions: Sg911
The motor is not the constraint. It is the battery, and the discharge rate the inverter can handle. I don't know precisely how the math's work out but I have seen 1200A discharge rate listed for the AWD/P models from developer mode. I highly doubt 1700hp is possible with the current electronics and battery size of the 3.

Link to this teardown video you speak of?
Andrew Finegan - HighVolts.io on Instagram: “The Tesla Performance Model 3 Can Safely Make 800HP All-Day Long and Max Out At 2000HP for 5 secs, let's do the math 1. Has 24 SiC Mosfets…”