Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, was told that they don’t know about VINs but they will get a shipment this weekend and next weekend here. They are still trying to beat the end of the quarter delivery, it just whack that people that ordered about a week ago are getting their cars before us, just b/c they paid 1K extra for the P3D+.

I'm a little lost on the break down of the abbreviations. What are the differences in the P3D+ and the P3D-?

It's my assumption that the P3D is a Model 3 Performance with dual motor. I ordered 8/31 and the performance only had the option for the larger wheels brakes etc.. If you ordered a Model 3 Performance the only things you could change were the paint color, interior (white or black) and full self drive or not.

What's the extra $1k +option?

I ordered 8/31 model 3 performance white/ white with full self driving. I'm in AZ and no information as of yet from tesla.

I'm a little lost on the break down of the abbreviations. What are the differences in the P3D+ and the P3D-?

It's my assumption that the P3D is a Model 3 Performance with dual motor. I ordered 8/31 and the performance only had the option for the larger wheels brakes etc.. If you ordered a Model 3 Performance the only things you could change were the paint color, interior (white or black) and full self drive or not.

What's the extra $1k +option?

I ordered 8/31 model 3 performance white/ white with full self driving. I'm in AZ and no information as of yet from tesla.

There used to be a version of LRAWD with performance software version upgrade for 2K extra to go 0-60 in 3.1 seconds that’s the P3D- (there are still some for sale in circulation), the P3D+ had the brakes, 20 inch rims, and spoiler (stock). The 1K I was referring to was that price increase on 8/24 of the P3D+ (the only option for a P3D now), they were supposed to increase FSD as well but delayed it for 4-8 weeks.

Most updates come thru this forum. I called and talked to my SA at Scottsdale fashion square and the delivery center in Tempe, but no new info. Just an estimate of when cars to get delivered.

There used to be a version of LRAWD with performance software version upgrade for 2K extra to go 0-60 in 3.1 seconds that’s the P3D- (there are still some for sale in circulation), the P3D+ had the brakes, 20 inch rims, and spoiler (stock). The 1K I was referring to was that price increase on 8/24 of the P3D+ (the only option for a P3D now), they were supposed to increase FSD as well but delayed it for 4-8 weeks.

Most updates come thru this forum. I called and talked to my SA at Scottsdale fashion square and the delivery center in Tempe, but no new info. Just an estimate of when cars to get delivered.

Is your guy at fashion square victor by any chance?

Heard the SoundCloud earlier, how loud/bad does it sound irl?

In reverse it's a kind of metallic UFO sound. Doesn't sound as cool going forward which is more like tires on rocks white noise. When I first heard they were using a speaker I thought it would obvious the car was blasting the noise out a speaker which would be really cheesy. But it sounds pretty good - really sounds like the internals are making the noise. I hope they tweak the sound a bit to keep the futuristic vibe.

How’s the build quality

I looked at 5 cars while doing my pick-up. Minor (i'm being picky) door mis-alignment seemed common. Gaps looked great. I'm an amateur detailer and I haven't been able to find any paint defects on my car. I'll know more this weekend after doing full detail. I didn't look at the other car paint quality too closely but nothing stood out.

Most of the cars being delivered were white.

Did anyone else receive an email called "Prepare for Your Model 3 Delivery" with a bunch of things to follow up on including delivery location, driver's license, vehicle insurance, etc.? I just got one and when I click on any of the links, it just takes me back to my tesla account, where most of this information is already uploaded and has been for 6 weeks. In addition, there is no place on the tesla account page (that I could find) to designate a "delivery location." See attached screenshot. Any ideas? Can they not even get a simple email correct?

Attachments

• teslaorder..jpg
    teslaorder..jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 59
Hey folks, I’m new to the forum and have been following y’alls posts – thought I’d add my order info. It sure helped me out (logistically and for my emotional well being) to see others’ order status.

Ordered – 8/8/19, MSM, white interior, FSD – Los Angeles
VIN – 9/10/2019
Delivery – 9/12/2019

I have been in total darkness with no communication from Tesla up until today. It has been a painfully long wait. I hope those of you who haven’t gotten your VINs get them week. It’s only a matter of time!

Reactions: bluefin
In reverse it's a kind of metallic UFO sound. Doesn't sound as cool going forward which is more like tires on rocks white noise. When I first heard they were using a speaker I thought it would obvious the car was blasting the noise out a speaker which would be really cheesy. But it sounds pretty good - really sounds like the internals are making the noise. I hope they tweak the sound a bit to keep the futuristic vibe.

I looked at 5 cars while doing my pick-up. Minor (i'm being picky) door mis-alignment seemed common. Gaps looked great. I'm an amateur detailer and I haven't been able to find any paint defects on my car. I'll know more this weekend after doing full detail. I didn't look at the other car paint quality too closely but nothing stood out.

Most of the cars being delivered were white.
Great to hear. How about paint on body panels inside. Under hood, door jams , trunk etc. I think all the model 3s I looked at had over spray, exposed primer and small artifacts that were painted over. Paint on the exterior has been consistent and fine from what seen.

Did anyone else receive an email called "Prepare for Your Model 3 Delivery" with a bunch of things to follow up on including delivery location, driver's license, vehicle insurance, etc.? I just got one and when I click on any of the links, it just takes me back to my tesla account, where most of this information is already uploaded and has been for 6 weeks. In addition, there is no place on the tesla account page (that I could find) to designate a "delivery location." See attached screenshot. Any ideas? Can they not even get a simple email correct?

Yep, I got one on Sunday stating that I needed to take care of all of the items outside of the payment details. I had already given all of that information ~1 month prior, so I emailed my advisor asking what the deal was. Advisor stated I was good with all of the information except they still needed lien holder information for my trade-in -- there is no lien on my trade-in. I emailed the advisor back indicating that I had title in hand and magically a couple hours later my trade-in offer was accepted... it had previously been in a pending status for ~1 month.

I cannot speak for the delivery location item as I've had one selected for ~1 month. I'd reach out to your advisor.

Great to hear. How about paint on body panels inside. Under hood, door jams , trunk etc. I think all the model 3s I looked at had over spray, exposed primer and small artifacts that were painted over. Paint on the exterior has been consistent and fine from what seen.

Here are some not so great photos I grabbed in the garage m3 paint

There are some nibs on the underside of the frunk.

Reactions: GOOCHY and hocr
Bay area (south bay) Ordered P3D+ Red w White interior + FSD on 8/26.
On 8/28 received text from assigned delivery advisor asking me to complete delivery profile.
After that nothing. no vin. Not even a call/email from Tesla financing.

now as I read other posts I feel slightly relieved but at the same time I am not even sure whether I should even bother to call and ask them. sigh...

Should I be a little concerned? I just sorted the list and every east coast person (Im in MD) with my build got their VIN yesterday or before. I only see one other person in GA that hasn't updated the list yet so its possible he hasn't gotten his either. For those of you that got VIN's yesterday did any of you have a trade in? My trade in has been saying Pending since I submitted the order. It keeps saying its waiting for the payoff.