Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don't tell her, will be much more fun to see her reaction the first time she backs out of the garage ;)

Yeah I haven’t said anything yet. I was considering the band-aid some have posted about covering the speaker holes with a small piece of duct tape but am concerned about those also being drain holes (not that it ever rains here) and potential liability exposure if, Heaven forbid, someone gets run over and they find the tape in the post accident investigation...I know that’s paranoid. Paranoia is my middle name lol.

Talked to my Orange County Delivery center contact today, they said all existing orders are guaranteed to deliver by the end of the month. Everything being built now until EOM is being delivered in California. White Perf Model 3 with black interior will be the last combo for production (which is what I ordered on 7/28). They offered if I wanted a car now they could give me a white/white car now coming off the line....said I would wait.

I hope your contact is incorrect. I placed an order 30-days ago and don't have a VIN. If what he's saying is true, a decent number of us not in California aren't getting our orders before Oct. 1.

Well, I picked mine up a couple of hours ago! (white on white P3D)

Shockingly, this new one was MUCH better than my 3/31/19 delivery (LR AWD).

I have OCD and will notice EVERY single detail. The one I took for delivery today only had very minuscule issues (and quite frankly, the average person wouldn't even notice). Paint looks great, no gaps, etc. The carbon fiber spoiler was already on as well. Oh, and apparently they don't include carpet frunk liners anymore - oh well.

Obviously it hasn't been long (I took off from work, picked it up, and now back to work! Haha), but I'm sure I will keep looking it over later on and hopefully nothing else jumps out at me.

Process was 15 min. Since this was my 2nd one, I didn't need a tutorial, etc.

Worth the wait (ordered 8/6/19). The car is absolutely stunning!

100% this and I would have been extra pissed if I was one of those people that sold my car earlier and had to rely on uber or a rental for the last month and a half.

That's me... no car since September 6th, had to turn in a lease (ordered M3P Aug 9th. Even budgeted extra weeks just incase it was delayed. I'm really not even excited anymore. At this point I just want a car. Started renting at daily rate, then turned to weekly rate... little did I know I should have done the monthly rate. #hangingonbyathread

I called the 800 number about an hour ago and the rep told me they don't make the Performance model very often <insert confused face>. He said I should hear something by the 24th or 25th at the latest, but promised me it would be ready by the end of the month. This end of the month delivery sounds like it's going to be a real cluster f*ck. He sounded tired and was really 'short' with responses on the phone. I'm sure they are getting tons of calls at this point.

• Informative
Reactions: Eclipso
Expected a delivery this morning at 8am. Slept through my damned alarm! Probably all that waiting anxiety killing my sleep :p

Thankfully, I only missed the delivery phone call by a few minutes and the delivery was already on its way. Turns out the delivery driver was actually just driving my Model 3 directly from the downtown Seattle location instead of my local Bellevue service center. He mentioned that the App was already unlocked and I could follow the car, which I did, and it was on autopilot driving from SoDo to my house! Nice trick.

On delivery, the car was almost perfect. There is one paint spot near the right rear tail light that they will need to fix, because there is some odd bubbled spot (pretty tiny). Overally, I'm quite happy with the build quality, particularly after all of the forum horror stories. The car did arrive with the non-leather (I refuse to call it vegan) steering wheel. It feels okay, but not "nice". I'm going to ask if they have a leather one at the service center that was removed from another vehicle.

It was quite strange to hand over the keys to my beautiful monster of a Challenger to a guy I just met, never to be seen again. Watching it drive away was the weirdest feeling, but it wasn't sorrowful.

Wife and I went out to breakfast and drove around a bit. I'll probably spend a couple of weeks figuring out the right seat and wheel positioning. It's a much tighter cockpit than my other vehicles have been, and I'll obviously have to change my driving habits a bit.

It didn't arrive with the all-weather floor mats I was promised for the delivery delay, nor the 2-year supercharging I was also promised. I'm working with my SA to get that fixed.

Attachments

• 0920191044_HDR.jpg
    0920191044_HDR.jpg
    436.3 KB · Views: 58
  • 0920190942_HDR.jpg
    0920190942_HDR.jpg
    809.6 KB · Views: 54
  • 0920190941_HDR.jpg
    0920190941_HDR.jpg
    541.2 KB · Views: 58
Congrats to all the new owners but I hate to admit it after getting my original delivery pushed out two weeks seeing all these white/white m3p going out is making me itchy. The only thing that can scratch it is Tesla finally delivering. Here's hoping second time is a charm and next Friday I have some good news.

Scheduled delivery Sat, they called me to take delivery early today at 3PM. I Agreed to 4pm. They called back right after to tell me car is still in transit from Socal. Woops. And needs to go to San Francisco before coming back to Fremont. Also it probably wont be available for my original pick up date Saturday as well. Double woops.

Finally, I dont get the credit for the free wheels as the promotion is "dead". (Matched to P3D-, but it came with 19" wheels)

Well waited over a month.. I can wait a few more days.

I called and got through without any issue. My car isn't even on a truck yet so they said taking delivery earlier than Monday is unlikely, but they'll be in contact once they actually know it's in transit

I've tried multiple times today with no luck voicemail box is full. I wonder if they are not answering because my phone number isn't a local area code.

Finally got through on chat they told me to call the delivery center or just keep waiting they are going as fast as they can.